Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying a 04 to 06 CTS. I need any input I can get. I drive about 150 miles a day so reliability is my biggest concern. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
For comfort and fun the CTS is a good choice, but like any other car, it needs its maintenance. With a Cadillac, that maintenance could get pricey so a lot of us do our own work and share tips.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Great daily driver, makes my drive to work more enjoyable...but if you get snow in the winter...beware.

·
Registered
CTS
303 Posts
I do 70 miles a day, and my 06 CTS makes the commute pretty enjoyable. Not the most economical car for its size but it scores high for drivability IMO.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black
129 Posts
Drive mine to Detroit every day for work, 100 miles a day when its my turn to drive that week... I'm now averaging 25-26 mpg with the 2.8L. Never left me stranded, have 96k on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No major issues, good gas mileage and a fantastic ride. I get a lot of snow here and don't have any issues...but I've driven rwd cars all my life so it's normal for me.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Thanks to everyone for your input! Now I just have to decide on engine and color.
Go with the 3.6. It does not have to work as hard as the smaller engine. If I were you, I would buy one with low miles still within GM warranty. Then you can buy a GM extended warranty from one of the preferred vendors here. (about 40% off retail for GMPP).

Or, go with a low mileage Buick LeSabre. Extremely reliable car. No built in problems. Typically owned by an old fart like me. These cars last for 200,000 miles. 30 mpg on highway. Extremely comfortable, etc, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts