Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a note Ive been posting like crazy because I just got my account back and have been going through withdrawls....

Anyways so Ive had my 03 CTS since beginning of Ooctober last year and since getting it all my girlfriend has had to say is this..."Everyone should start from the bottom, people buy cars like these when theyre either successful o retired..."

So what if I was frugal with all my birthday money throughout my life and put it away so I could by a car like this at 18? I honestly can not win this argument with her and it drive me absolutely ape **** everytime she brings it up!

Anyone have any ideas for a way to shut her up? haha

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,182 Posts
Tell her to hit the road. She's not good enough for you.

·
Registered
Cadillac
192 Posts
Lose the girlfriend, not the car..... Good for you, I'm a saver too. Dont let others hate becuase they have no disapline.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
thats crazy... She thinks you should buy a yugo? Wow thats a shocker.

tell her you will upgrade to a 200k mercedes when you "grow" up. Thats the funniest thing i heard.

Sounds like you better get a 2 door coupe if you want to keep her. Look at a mustang GT or something.

Can pick up the new style pretty cheap.

heres a 2006 Mustang GT for 16k.. offer 15.5 and take it home.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/fo...type=used&model=mustang&make=ford&distance=50

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
As a note Ive been posting like crazy because I just got my account back and have been going through withdrawls....

Anyways so Ive had my 03 CTS since beginning of Ooctober last year and since getting it all my girlfriend has had to say is this..."Everyone should start from the bottom, people buy cars like these when theyre either successful o retired..."

So what if I was frugal with all my birthday money throughout my life and put it away so I could by a car like this at 18? I honestly can not win this argument with her and it drive me absolutely ape **** everytime she brings it up!

Anyone have any ideas for a way to shut her up? haha
Did you ask her what she thinks you should be driving?

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
No disrespect but your girl is on some other sh*t. My girl loves this damn car and she thinks the Scion TC is the best car ever made(yea right). But even my girl can appreciate the look of the Caddy. Like Jesda said, she probably cheating on you. LMAO.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
No offense to anyone here, but, it's an entry-level cadillac that started at under 30k when it was brand new... It's now about 7 years old. Tell her to relax before you upgrade our girlfriend.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
under 30? eh what world you living in? my car new(I didnt buy it new) was 42k
car's sticker came to 43,265 after packages & options (Leased it when it was new). But started under 30k if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Ahaha, this thread makes me lol so much!

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
Dude,go find the cheapest P.O.S. you can find. Different color doors,fenders, and hood. Windows can't roll down, no radio, no muffler etc... shouldn't cost more than $200-$300. Then next time you have a date, pick up your girl in that, see if she likes your caddy then.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Dude,go find the cheapest P.O.S. you can find. Different color doors,fenders, and hood. Windows can't roll down, no radio, no muffler etc... shouldn't cost more than $200-$300. Then next time you have a date, pick up your girl in that, see if she likes your caddy then.
:lol: Bring a video camera too, cause I wanna see her face.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts