Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning all,i have a 2004 escalade 6.0 awd.I've been having a problem lately after coming to a stop or almost stop then starting again I loose all motor power like I'm running out of fuel for like 3-5 seconds.well yesterday I happened to look at dash when it did it and saw that dash said traction active while it was doing it.then disappears. Now when I first got vehicle sometimes when taking off from a stop felt like was having problem shifting out of second gear. When asked about it dealer said I needed a shifting syliniod. But I don't have that problem anymore since this one started.any info on this would be great.thankyou

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,123 Posts
Have RPMs of the front wheel speed sensors tested with a Tech-2 and find out which one is slower than the other. I had the same issue on my 04. My mechanic had to also clean the rust off the sensor mount. There are YouTube videos. A slow sensor will also cause the ABS to activate a little right before you come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade ESV
41 Posts
This happens to my 03 ESV. When traction control is active (by default) it will do this occasionally when I'm accelerating from an intersection or pulling into my driveway and it feels like the power is cut off. (the side walk is raised up so there is a bit of a bump, i take it easy pulling in though). When I turn the traction control off then it will be fine no problem. Im guessing its gotta be a loose sensor or an reading an error. Does anyone know how the traction control system works anyways???

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Dubbalade said:
This happens to my 03 ESV. When traction control is active (by default) it will do this occasionally when I'm accelerating from an intersection or pulling into my driveway and it feels like the power is cut off. (the side walk is raised up so there is a bit of a bump, i take it easy pulling in though). When I turn the traction control off then it will be fine no problem. Im guessing its gotta be a loose sensor or an reading an error. Does anyone know how the traction control system works anyways???
I would check the sensors connections to the front hubs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts