Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to an occasional low efficiency CEL I need new cats. Not going the gutted or header route, just keeping her functionally stock.

Anyway, Magnaflow makes replacements for our Vs and I picked up a set, now it's just time do it. So the question is how much difficulty should I expect in swapping the manifolds? I'm not too worried about working in a tight space as I'm used to that. The main concern I have is broken exhaust manifold bolts, last thing I want to think about is pulling the heads.

I've gone through six pages of header posts on here but none mentioned any issues with broken manifold bolts.

I'm at 104K miles on my vehicle and I'm not sure if they were replaced before I purchased the vehicle at 79K miles.

Any insight in to what to expect from you experienced header swap folks?

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
776 Posts
Mine had like 12k on her when I did it. Those manifolds will be a bitch, by the way. Hope you have a lift.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
I've not encountered or heard any reports of broken exhaust manifold bolts. You should be good there.

I swivel 13mm socket and some extensions will help a lot.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
776 Posts
I've not encountered or heard any reports of broken exhaust manifold bolts. You should be good there.

I swivel 13mm socket and some extensions will help a lot.
You might need to remove the engine mounting bolts, and jack up the motor by the bosses on the sides of the oil pa, to gain the clearance needed to loosen some of the bolts.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, good to know.

I'll update when I get around to swapping them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts