Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Vsport Premium
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
selling my car tomorrow then driving to Georgia to get my 2015 vsport. anything I should be leery of or any thing I should watch out for? the car is a premium and has a cpo warranty.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2019 V-Sport Prem Lux satin steel/cashmere
57 Posts
Re: getting ready to pull the trigger....any pointers?

Good luck hope all goes well. I’m close to doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
584 Posts

hmmmm hennesy...?
When I first bought my 2014 V-Sport (totaled in a rear ender, now have a 2015 V-Sport) I contacted Hennessy. At that time they were evaluating the V-Sport. After several months of testing they decided not to do any performance modifications for the V-Sport, sighting a number of reasons I don't recall. I contacted them again about 2 years later and got the same answer. There are a number of performance tunes out there and most popular is TriFecta. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd recommend checking the tires... closely! Look in the tread grooves for cracking if they are summer only tires. If they are Pirelli P-Zero's, work new rubber into the deal. If they're brand new they are great sticky tires for the first 5,000 miles, then they become noisy, hard and slippery and you'll will want new tires.

·
Registered
69 Posts

When I first bought my 2014 V-Sport (totaled in a rear ender, now have a 2015 V-Sport) I contacted Hennessy. At that time they were evaluating the V-Sport. After several months of testing they decided not to do any performance modifications for the V-Sport, sighting a number of reasons I don't recall. I contacted them again about 2 years later and got the same answer. There are a number of performance tunes out there and most popular is TriFecta. :)
Is your Hennesy the hennesy of viper fame, or is there a separate Hennesy Cadillac dealership?

·
Registered
69 Posts
nope, not that i know of
I have bantered back and forth with the salesman.... he used to live up here in Illinois..

Cant get the wife to agree to it, pity.. I like that one alot

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
403 Posts
yeah it is the one at Hennessy…..
You might want to go back a few years (maybe a dozen or 15) and check out "that" Hennessy. He duped a large number of Viper owners, got into many lawsuits, and went bankrupt only to resurface. I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could see him...

Russ

·
Registered
69 Posts
You might want to go back a few years (maybe a dozen or 15) and check out "that" Hennessy. He duped a large number of Viper owners, got into many lawsuits, and went bankrupt only to resurface. I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could see him...

Russ
so Hennessy Cadillac of Ga is related to Hennessy motorsports of Tx.......?
They are spelled a tiny bit different...

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium, 2017 XT5 Premium Luxury
109 Posts
selling my car tomorrow then driving to Georgia to get my 2015 vsport. anything I should be leery of or any thing I should watch out for? the car is a premium and has a cpo warranty.

thanks in advance
Just if you want the CarPlay/Android Auto upgrade as well as a faster interface, I offer plug n play kits for $550 bucks, if you’re interested. Also I own a Vsport and it is a fantastic car I love it, so does my wife but I don’t let her drive it if I can help it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
403 Posts
so Hennessy Cadillac of Ga is related to Hennessy motorsports of Tx.......?
They are spelled a tiny bit different...
Well that was clear as mud. OP says driving to GA, nothing about a/the dealership. Another poster asks about Hennessy, someone else mentions Hennessy evaluating performance options. What conclusion is one to draw? Guess it's easy if you live in GA. BTW, I've begrudgingly learned to "overlook" misspellings since the days of spellcheck...

Russ

·
Registered
CTS Vsport Premium
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to Hennessy Cadillac of Atlanta and picked it up. I noticed some things that I had not noticed some of the faux carbon fiber trim pieces are coming loose. While I was driving back home, I got a notification saying "Rear axle system Off" no dash lights are on. I have a little over a month left on my original warranty and the cpo 100k. So I scheduled an appointment with my local Caddy dealer to have it checked out....BUMMER. Car was absolutely amazing otherwise. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well that was clear as mud. OP says driving to GA, nothing about a/the dealership. Another poster asks about Hennessy, someone else mentions Hennessy evaluating performance options. What conclusion is one to draw? Guess it's easy if you live in GA. BTW, I've begrudgingly learned to "overlook" misspellings since the days of spellcheck...

Russ
Actually I double posted..and the wrong one was deleted.. there is the Hennessy in Georgia and the Hennessey in Texas... one little 'e' different

1 - 18 of 18 Posts