Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Prem.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife encouraged me to get the XTS, but after trading in the SUV neither of us thought about the bike carrier which of course requires a hitch. Have any of you had a hitche installed on your XTS...any recommendations? I have a 2014, but I assume they would be the same for 2013 thru 2015. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
I plan on putting one on my XTS too, From what I can tell they all pretty much alike. I have used Curt and Hidden Hitch in the past, no problems. Don't know how far the receiver protrudes in relation to the bumper though, might have to use one of those European style ball mounts.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
I did a little more in depth research, seems to be two styles from Draw-Tite. Part#36762 is a one piece unit that looks tidier in pictures than Part#36538. 36538 is a multi-piece unit that looks gangly in photos. I called Draw-Tite and spoke with a tech guy, He said that 36538 (multi-piece one)tucks up under better and is less visible when installed. Shop around on the net, prices vary by as much as 100 bucks, some include a ball mount(some call it a draw bar). I have put many hitch's on my vehicles over the years, piece of cake, if you have a shop put one on,pay no more than an hours labor.

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Prem.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, AC, I'll look into that. Never even thought of calling a tech to check. Excellent idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts