Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, my generator light is on, and i just bought a new battery a few weeks ago. It wouldn't crank over, so I tested the battery and it was almost dead and I got it recharged. I've gotten the alternator and voltage regulator checked and they're both fine. What are some suggestions? Basically what I'm trying to say is that my gen light is on and it's draining the battery from lack of holding it's charge.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
Welp, my generator light is on, and i just bought a new battery a few weeks ago. It wouldn't crank over, so I tested the battery and it was almost dead and I got it recharged. I've gotten the alternator and voltage regulator checked and they're both fine. What are some suggestions? Basically what I'm trying to say is that my gen light is on and it's draining the battery from lack of holding it's charge.
WIRING, WIRING, WIRING. You've handled the components so no you need to check the wiring connections. Make sure you have power and grounds where you need them.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I also forgot to add that I replaced my battery cables too, so they're brand new. The gen light was on before i changed the cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
MMNineInchNails