Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gear whine 66-74

A gear whine now occurs at these speeds (66mph-74mph) after about 45-60 minutes of driving, during light load.

Any one have this and any solutions?

Thanks guys,

Syrob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

Yes, this has happened to ours as well (at 4,000 miles). And we are the lucky owners of the SRX that clunks and bucks at low speed. The dealer has refused to repair, continues to state that this is "normal" for this vehicle. Cadillac corporate help line is useless. May need to start collecting names for a class action suit soon.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10cars said:
Hi,

Yes, this has happened to ours as well (at 4,000 miles). And we are the lucky owners of the SRX that clunks and bucks at low speed. The dealer has refused to repair, continues to state that this is "normal" for this vehicle. Cadillac corporate help line is useless. May need to start collecting names for a class action suit soon.

Does you whine only happen over a limited mph range too ?

SYROB

·
Registered
449 Posts
Syrob a number of SRX's, CTS's and V's have had whiny differentials. My SRX had it and the dealer replaced the differential with a new one. The whine was gone for a few thousand kilometers but then it returned.

There is a thread open about the SRX rearend whine already. Dig it up and you'll know more.

10cars the clunk at slow speeds has also been discussed before on the SRX forum. A PCM software upgrade is available to solve it, there is also a bulletin open about it, number is #04-07-30-044.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our whine only happens at smooth speed expressway traffic, those speeds are about right.Insofar as the clunk, if the technical bulletin pertains to the ECM reprogramming, that has been done, resulting only with lower gas mileage. What we need is a new transfer case and a cooperative dealership. We are waiting on another dealership to obtain authorization to fix it. In the meantime, my husband is undergoing chemo treatments and the bucking of the car is actually making him nauseous. (We are the ones who started the thread concerning the clunk and bucking of the drivetrain). We just need to get it fixed somehow. Have been through the Cadillac help line - all they did was call the dealer! Dealer lied & said it was normal, end of Cadillac help line.

·
Registered
-05 CTS-V, -55 Coupé deVille
34 Posts
My 05 SRX V6 all wheel drive whines and the support i Sweden were I lives says it normal. How can it be normal, my 66 Pontiac has a more silent gear. If anybody has a sultion please tell us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts