Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 97 cetera
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:could someone please tell me what the button is on the gear shift on a 97 cadillac cetera. and will it hurt to drive with it on? i have no manual so i don't know. another question i just got my trannsmision filter and fluids changed and when i hit 60 mph the quotation light comes on, and it came on before i had it done,can you tell me why. last time i put something on here about it a man said it was a range switch. anyone know where it is, so i can get it replaced. thank you.

·
Registered
1998 Catera
93 Posts
I think the button you're talking about is sport mode. I have a 98; when pressed a gear icon with an "S" in the middle lights on the dash. It shouldn't hurt anything, but if you're having transmission trouble, you might want to pay attention to see if you notice any more/less/different problems with it on versus off. The expected behavior is that it revs to higher RPM before shifting to the higher gear. Its more fun between stoplights with it on, but your gas milage will suffer. I just started driving with mine on - I did a valve cover gasket and timing belt change last week and the transmission seems to be less responsive since.

I was able to find a pdf manual for 98 online a while ago. You might try googling or searching this forum. Let me know if you can't find the 97 manual.

I have no idea about your quotation light (transmission light? has a gear with an exlamation mark "!"?) or range switch. I just looked at your original thread. I would be curious how many of those that ended up with a rebuilt tranny used the Sport mode frequently.

·
Registered
Cadillac 97 cetera
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will try that. as for a manual i think i have searched on here before and found none. i went to the dealers and they want 100.00 dollars for one. i don't think so!!!!!!!!!! if you know where i can look i would surely appriciate it. thanks:)

·
Registered
Cadillac catera 2001
2 Posts
I own a 2001 cadillac catera. my abs, tc, and check engine lights keep coming on and off. I took the shop and the lights were not on at the time. The guy ran computer on it and could not find anything wrong. Can anyone help me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts