Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 3.6 cts, 2011 AWD coupe cts
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna grab a 12/13 CTS V coupe in June /July and just wondering if the vibration in the gear shift is present in the 6.2 as in the 3.6 ? Ive driven all the new CTS's and ATS's and the feel on the shifter is beautiful, (only 5/10 % vibration) which hardly can even be felt compared to a 60 % in the 2nd gen. That will be PRIORITY because more than likely, if its still present, I'll skip this beautiful car and wait until the 16 Z28 later in the year.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
Different car entirely. Different engine, different transmission, and a ton more fun. If you are making a decision entirely on gear shift vibration you aren't looking at the whole picture for this car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding Tinman. Does your shifter on your V exhibit that nasty distasteful vibration/movement ?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
I haven't noticed any on my M6 V. Too busy having fun !

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats kinda good news.... Except for the fact I'm manually illiterate ! :big roll: Never learned how to drive stick. Tried it once and was accused of damaging a friends tranny. Anyway, can anybody with automatics chime in ?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V black diamond coupe
38 Posts
The only shake I notice in my 2012 coupe is a slight vibration that you can feel with your hand only in 5th gear when applying throttle.

Steve D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In 5th it shouldn't be a problem. But what I hate is when you can feel it throttle upon accelerating in all gears in a 3.6.

I punched ATS's / 3rd. gen. CTS's 2.0, 3.6 loaners full throttle trying to get any feedback off the engine/ trans thru the shifter but to no avail. which felt great.... Its just discerning to me because thats the way it ought to be and I would be soooo disappointed to know it carries on, on the V 6.2 auto as it does in the 3,6. Some can over look that putting the whole car in perspective but it isn't minor, rather majorly annoying to the point it makes the car feel like junk !

When I start to shop, that'll be the 1st priority i'll undertake and if 3 out 3 I check out are faulty with this problem, I'll look into a ATS V which I know for sure are ROCK SOLID. Or a Stingray or on the low end, a 16' Z28. As far as Im concerned, this should be a recall. LETS HEAR IT FOR CADILLAC QUALITY !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts