Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just broke something in the shifter now i cant get it into reverse! the shift knob turns now. it sounded like something plastic (shear pin) had broken while trying to put the car in reverse. i usually rotate the shift knob clockwise while putting it into reverse otherwise it is difficult to engage. nobody that has tried to drive the car has been able to get it in reverse. kinda like my own anti theft device. but anyway. does anyone know what broke? fixxes? thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
There is a solenoid on reverse, but I think when it goes out you can shift into reverse by accident as opposed to not at all. See attached.

·
Registered
cts-v
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pulled the shift knob off. it looks like the shift knob is two piece with the inner sleeve that keys on the handle and the outer leather cover. something in there broke and lets the outer cover spin. i can shift it in reverse with just the shift handle so it not anything to do with the shift handle/trans linkage/syncro's. anyone have an old stock knob there willing to separate with I'll be interested. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts