Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that OnStar support noticeably gone down hill? I've subscribed to OnStar for years and I just canceled my service on 2 cars. Their tech support team has become non responsive. If they can't solve a problem at the tier 1 level they open up a ticket and say they will escalate and you will hear back in 5 to 7 days??? Well they don't get back with you and after repeated calls over 3 weeks by me to resolve/fix an issue they leave a voice mail telling me to do exactly what the tier 1 person had me do that did not work. its been ground hog day....Paying for a service that does not have the functionality promised just to be left frustrated makes no sense.

Has anyone else noticed a decline?

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
I guess I've never had to use them to resolve any issues. I've only used them to get me an address for a business and download it to the car while I drive. What issues are you having?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remote link. After they upgraded app it no longer works.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Remote link. After they upgraded app it no longer works.
It didn't work for me either, uninstall and reinstall the app. The upgrade didn't replace all the necessary files for the new version. Afterwards it worked fine.

I dislike how when you enter you pin, it is now a full keyboard instead of the previous number pad.

FYI, you don't need onstar to be able to use the key fob commands. Mine ran out after the free 1yr, but the key fob runs for 5 years. I may have a new car by then. Cancel and save your money.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't work for me either, uninstall and reinstall the app. The upgrade didn't replace all the necessary files for the new version. Afterwards it worked fine.

I dislike how when you enter you pin, it is now a full keyboard instead of the previous number pad.

FYI, you don't need onstar to be able to use the key fob commands. Mine ran out after the free 1yr, but the key fob runs for 5 years. I may have a new car by then. Cancel and save your money.
Did the un/reinstall of the app multiple times, but no joy. How did you use remote after your year with account shut down?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I had never heard that and I have a 13 so no luck there. Once I canceled my OnStar it would no longer allow you to log into remote link. Which I was not able to do to begin with which is why I canceled.

This morning I received a call from Customer Service offering me 3 months free why they try to figure out the problem. If their tech support was as good as their customer service I would not have had the issue.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some nice to have features but as you said the price is way over the value.

·
Registered
ATS
455 Posts
I liked the Onstar app's ability to send navigation from my phone to my car so when I start the car it would have the route in there already.
Also, it would tell you where your car is.

The remote unlock didn't work when my car got locked while the engine was still running at Discount tire with the FOB inside.
I had to call them and they unlocked it.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
I cancelled the OnStar accounts on both our Cadillacs last year after I was outright lied to by a customer service agent.
I signed up for a promotion that gave me Directions & Connections for the same price as the Safe & Sound package on my 2010 CTS-V. I negotiated the same deal for my wife's 2007 SRX. At the time, I had Safe & Sound on the CTS-V and OnStar upgraded me to Directions & Connections at no extra charge for a 6 month period. My wife already had Directions & Connections on her SRX and OnStar gladly dropped the price to the promotional price (for 6 months) for her SRX when I asked if they would do that. At the end of the 6 month promotional price, I was able negotiate a further 6 month deal on both cars, again at the promotional price. After the 2nd 6 month term I noticed that OnStar had bumped the price to the standard rate on the SRX (the V's 2nd 6 month term wasn't up yet). I called Onstar and they confirmed the history on the accounts, but declined to offer a continuation of the promotional pricing on Directions & Connections. I must say I was somewhat surprised as OnStar had always cooperated in the past. I wasn't happy... so I called back the next day and explained my dissatisfaction to the customer service agent "du jour" who seemed surprised that my request for promotional pricing was turned down. He explained that he'd be happy to reinstitute the promotional pricing for both vehicles - no problem at all. He also explained that OnStar has "a lot of flexibility" when dealing with customers in cases like this. We spent the next 1/2 hour talking hockey as he was a Detroit fan and expressed a lot of sympathy for me as I am a Leaf fan.
So the upshot was that about 2 weeks later the monthly charge for OnStar shows up on my credit card bill - at the regular price! I called OnStar back to question this and was told there was no record of my last conversation with the agent (he had said that he put notes on the file), and there were no promotions available to me. I still had a couple of months left on the V at the promotional price plus over 100 phone minutes. I cancelled both accounts on the spot. I really have a problem doing business with an outfit when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing the customer ends up being lied to.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
For me, getting the directions from Onstar while your driving is a very valuable feature.

However, the most important is that we have teens driving one of our Caddys plus a Verano and having onstsrs safety features in the cars gives us great peace of mind. When I purchased my daughter a '13 Buick Verano she was on her way home at night and the road she knew was closed for night time construction. She got scared pushed Onstar and not only did they download directions home, the Onstsr agent sensing my daughter was so young stayed on the call until she was on our driveway !!!

That is impressive.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
oh man i miss the map feature from remote link...but thats the only feature i used and that doesnt justify the onstar cost.
Same here! I liked remotelink more than onstar itself! During my one year free subscription, the only time that I pushed the onstar button, was during taking delivery of the car to set up my acount! :p

never pushed it again. But I enjoyed remote link and checking my car's dashboard, while I was in my bed, or sending my address to the navigation while I was sitting in my living room! :D

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
115 Posts
I cancelled the OnStar accounts on both our Cadillacs last year after I was outright lied to by a customer service agent.
I signed up for a promotion that gave me Directions & Connections for the same price as the Safe & Sound package on my 2010 CTS-V. I negotiated the same deal for my wife's 2007 SRX. At the time, I had Safe & Sound on the CTS-V and OnStar upgraded me to Directions & Connections at no extra charge for a 6 month period. My wife already had Directions & Connections on her SRX and OnStar gladly dropped the price to the promotional price (for 6 months) for her SRX when I asked if they would do that. At the end of the 6 month promotional price, I was able negotiate a further 6 month deal on both cars, again at the promotional price. After the 2nd 6 month term I noticed that OnStar had bumped the price to the standard rate on the SRX (the V's 2nd 6 month term wasn't up yet). I called Onstar and they confirmed the history on the accounts, but declined to offer a continuation of the promotional pricing on Directions & Connections. I must say I was somewhat surprised as OnStar had always cooperated in the past. I wasn't happy... so I called back the next day and explained my dissatisfaction to the customer service agent "du jour" who seemed surprised that my request for promotional pricing was turned down. He explained that he'd be happy to reinstitute the promotional pricing for both vehicles - no problem at all. He also explained that OnStar has "a lot of flexibility" when dealing with customers in cases like this. We spent the next 1/2 hour talking hockey as he was a Detroit fan and expressed a lot of sympathy for me as I am a Leaf fan.
So the upshot was that about 2 weeks later the monthly charge for OnStar shows up on my credit card bill - at the regular price! I called OnStar back to question this and was told there was no record of my last conversation with the agent (he had said that he put notes on the file), and there were no promotions available to me. I still had a couple of months left on the V at the promotional price plus over 100 phone minutes. I cancelled both accounts on the spot. I really have a problem doing business with an outfit when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing the customer ends up being lied to.

Best regards,

Elie
I've found this kind of thing typical among technical oriented services, TV, Phone, Internet, etc... and it is discouraging.

(oh and Go 'Hawks:))

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I've found this kind of thing typical among technical oriented services, TV, Phone, Internet, etc... and it is discouraging.

(oh and Go 'Hawks:))
Which is why I always use chat instead of calling so I have a transcript. It has saved me a few times over the years. And, yes I check before buying/subscribing to see if they have chat and if they don't and a competitor does, I go with them. You never know when you are talking/chating with someone who knows what they are doing or may be disgruntled on their last day before quitting or shooting the place up.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good advice on using chat and keeping a record.

·
Registered
ATS
2 Posts
I have a 2014 ATS and you say that there is a 5 year remote link for free. I really hope that this is true. The feature I use the most is the remote start
which allows me to start it from almost anywhere.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
17 Posts
Remote link app only works if somebody at onstar actually sends the request to vehicle, which 80% of the time either never happens if you need directions, or takes a long time so you actually have to push the blue button.

I also was out of service for almost a month and they did not credit me for the time, because somebody decided to turn my number off, at least that's the excuse i got. At the end of July is when my subscription runs out, I won't be renewing for crappy service.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts