Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, I just recently bought a 2007 Cadillac DTS. I saw pictures of different colored gauge cluster lights and decided I wanted to change mine to purple. I found some on amazon that claimed to work and had good reviews and I went to swap the lights, and there aren't any lights to swap! I don't know if they're hidden or what, any help will be extremely useful (considering half my dash has been taken apart).

Here's what mine looks like:

And here's what it should look like (the black round knobs are the ones holding the lights)

The lights I ordered are purple colored LED's (T5)

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,716 Posts
Those bulbs will not work. Send them back. The bulbs are soldered on the board.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
133 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the white accent lighting is everywhere in the DTS, so if you change it in the cluster, it won't match the radio, HVAC, clock, window controls, cooled seat controls, rear heated seat controls, rear climate controls, and probably other things. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
2002 Deville DHS, 2000 GMC Jimmy
132 Posts
Old Cadillacs did use the normal t10 style lights for the instrument panel but for these newer Cadillacs, I do believe they use fluorescent lights instead I may take some clusters apart at the junkyard and find out if LED swaps are possible.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
282 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the white accent lighting is everywhere in the DTS, so if you change it in the cluster, it won't match the radio, HVAC, clock, window controls, cooled seat controls, rear heated seat controls, rear climate controls, and probably other things. Personally, I wouldn't bother.
I can't get over dropping the dash just to change the "color" of the lights? Most people would just be glad that they have lights considering Cadillac stops making DTSs 10 years ago!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd
467 Posts
I can't get over dropping the dash just to change the "color" of the lights? Most people would just be glad that they have lights considering Cadillac stopped making DTSs 10 years ago!
Yeah, since 2013 I've needed to take the dash apart to replace the driver's side heat blend actuator, but I haven't the nerve, so I just taped over the vents to keep the cold air off my legs.

·
Registered
2002 Deville DHS, 2000 GMC Jimmy
132 Posts
I now have a definitive answer for the OP. Unless you break out the soldering supplies and the hot air workstation you can't change the color of your LEDs. Also these Denso made clusters actually have LEDs from the factory.

You know how I said you will need a hot air workstation? The picture above demonstrates exactly why. The metal legs that connect to the monochrome display are hard soldered and pass through the white mid frame of the cluster. The only actual way to take the cluster apart is with a hot air workstation.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
860 Posts
Often trying to change the color of dashboard lights is quite a taxing task. I know of someone who spent 6 months doing the calculations, ripping apart the dash and coverings to gain access to all the interior lighting, and ensure that impedances were matched in order for the circuits to work properly. It is highly unlikely that there exists anyone that has done the leg work to get different color temp LEDs that would match the fitment of a Cadillac DTS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts