Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gauge Cluster Circuit Boards

395 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  TT TWSTR 
#1 ·
PLEASE HELP!! My HVAC controls on my 1997 Deville have been malfunctioning. They seem to operate independently on their own. Was getting "steering wheel controls stuck" code. Replaced steering wheel controls with no change. Inspected exposed wiring while the air bag was removed and saw no damage. Inspected replacement control switches with magnifying glass and saw no damage to mini boards inside and switches look good. QUESTIONS: Do the commands from the HVAC controls pass through one of the circuit boards in the IPC before going out to the mechanical parts of the HVAC system? If so, which circuit board in the IPC processes those commands? I know that I can replace the board and LED screen in the front of the IPC without reprogramming the IPC with my vehicle specific information, as I have done so a few times in the past, but I have no idea if that board processes the commands of the HVAC system, or if it could possibly be related to the "Gremlins" controlling my HVAC. ALSO the fan only operates on high speed and occassionally shuts off , only to turn it self on again. HELP!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.