Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1997 deville concours. I notice when I put the heat on I can smell gas coming through the vents in my car. However I don't have the smell when I press the recirculation button. I just had the O2 sensor replaced today, but I smelled this before that got replaced. Earlier this year I had the recalled Fuel Rails replaced by the cadillac dealer, but I'm not sure if that would cause the smell. Anyway has anyone else had this problem?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Someone needs to inspect that for you. What probably happened is when the put the injectors in the new rail one of the o-rings got cut.
It happens more often than it should.

Get it looked at right away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ewill3rd said:
Someone needs to inspect that for you. What probably happened is when the put the injectors in the new rail one of the o-rings got cut.
It happens more often than it should.

Get it looked at right away.
So I can take it back to cadillac where they got replaced and have them do the job correctly then?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If you can verify that the leak is coming from the fuel rail they should take care of it for you, just make sure to mention that you noticed it started after the recall was done.

If you don't they might try to sell something to you.
If the FPR (pressure regulator) was leaking you wouldn't really smell it.
If you know how to remove the engine cover you can take it off and start the engine, watch for signs of leakage where the injectors go into the fuel rail.
If it's leaking the odor should be strong with the engine running.
Please use appropriate safety precautions.

·
Registered
927 Posts
what happened to my 96 deville my gas cap started leaking and i noticed a fuel smell outside of the car usually after i parked it

when i went to the emissions is when i found outmy cap was leaking

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ewill3rd said:
If you can verify that the leak is coming from the fuel rail they should take care of it for you, just make sure to mention that you noticed it started after the recall was done.

If you don't they might try to sell something to you.
If the FPR (pressure regulator) was leaking you wouldn't really smell it.
If you know how to remove the engine cover you can take it off and start the engine, watch for signs of leakage where the injectors go into the fuel rail.
If it's leaking the odor should be strong with the engine running.
Please use appropriate safety precautions.
Did all of that and I took it back to the dealer and the fixed the problem. Turns out 2 o-rings were leaking. Thanks for the info. :yup: :cloud9:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts