Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I ran out of gas like an idiot, and now the gas tank and trunk release don't work. I figured its probably a fuse, but wasn't sure how to check it. If I just start replacing fuses could that mess up other accessories? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make sure its in Park first. Use the key to get into the trunk then pop the tank flap manually.

Find some schematics for the wiring harness for trunk release button and track downt he wires that go to it. Make sure none of them are shorted first. then check to make sure they're actually connected.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
If it just stopped working out of nowhere the first thing I'd look for is a bad fuse too. Look in the owners manual. They have a list of what all the different fuses are for. You don't have to take them all out just to find it.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Check the inside of the fuse box cover. Ususally, there is a list of the Fuse # and Circuit Protection function printed on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another thing to check is the Valet button in the glove box. If it has been pushed in by mistake these two things will not work. Happened to me when I first got my '96 SLS took me all day to figure it out. Good Luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Biggp0