Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 CTS. After driving for 30 minutes or more, when I leave the car for about 1 hour and get back in there is a gas smell. I also notice this in my garage after it has "cooled down" for about 1 hour. If I do not go in the garage until the next morning, there is no smell, I assume it has dissipated.

I have asked the dealer to check the fuel system, which they have. First they replaced the gas cap seal. Then they did a pressure test and cannot find anything.

Has anyone had this problem in the past?:helpless:

Thanks for all of the insight you folks have on this site.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
:welcome: TO THE FORUM :bouncy: :yup:
Can't help you much but my wife's '05 Dodge Magnum does the same thing. We have it scheduled for a check up. Not to scare you but gas leaks can be dangerous!:eek:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
wcandy said:
I have a 2003 CTS. After driving for 30 minutes or more, when I leave the car for about 1 hour and get back in there is a gas smell.
Do you top off your gas? I do not know whether the CTS has it, but one of my other vehicles has a spill over canister that meets emissions and if you top off you flood the canister and it ceases working correctly and emits gas fumes. I used to top off years ago, but stopped the habit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts