Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2004 DTS and noticed that the gas pedal is extremeley soft (or sensitive). I have to keep my foot suspended "in the air", which becomes total pain in my ass (literally after 2h behind the wheel). In my Chevy Tahoe I could place my foot on the gas pedal, rest it comfortalby and had to press on in order to accelerate.
Can this be adjusted in any way? Please help!
TIA, Art

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
If the spring is fine and the cable isn't loose, it may be something you need to get used to. I had the same exact problem going from a truck to a car, always found myself going too fast and not able to rest my foor on the pedal.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This would be very disappointing if I had to get used to it. I will check w/ a dealership to see if they can help and look at this. I was driving yesterday for 3 hours on the hwy and this was very uncomfortable feeling having to drive like that. THanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
A friend of mine bought an old Plymouth that had belonged to a 450 pounder. He had installed a throttle return spring that might have come from a garage door opener. Maybe you could do something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts