Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing what everyone is getting out of a full tank of gas.
I'm averaging 300km/190mile in winter using my remote start, 350km/220mile in summer not using my starter. On the highway i usually get an average of 550km/340miles on a road trip. Thats from a full tank of 91 octane.
Granted i don't baby my car, but i also don't drive it like i stole it. I more or less drive it alittle spirited, shifting 95% of the time under 4k rpm.

Is this normal or do i have an issue?

I have replaced the plugs/wires/air filter.

Thanks.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,224 Posts
Sorry, but ... :horse:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black
915 Posts
gas is about $100/wk for me. dunno.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Do you have a V, or a base CTS?

With so many of these threads popping up lately it's hard to be civil about it. But I'll try to be nice. It is impossible to compare MPG with someone on the internet. I get <10 MPG in NYC and ~18 when I'm in PA. Joe Schmoe will get different numbers cuz he doesn't drive the way I do.

The V is a performance car, let it go and just enjoy it for what it is.

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not that im complaining as im used to it from other vehicles i just wanted to know if its normal, or i have an issue that needs to be taking care of. Its an 04 cts-v. I like to keep my cars in top running order.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The best thing you did was tell us how many miles you got from a tank of gas. You'll get people giving you all kinds of numbers off their DIC, without doing any math.
Your getting about 20mpg on your road trip. That's not bad for a whole trip,,,realistically. It's not great, but I doubt you have a problem. Someone might say they're getting 28mpg. That's probably the instant mpg, not a total trip with stops and speed changes.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Sorry, but ... :horse:
LOL Sorry, that was funny. I can appreciate the guy's question though. He's just makin' sure he's running up-to-snuff. OP - You're getting about the same mileage I'm getting. I see 400km to a full tank of 91 in the city. I get about 550km to a full tank of 91 if it's strictly highway. I always have my trip odometer up on the DIC, and I always reset it when I refill the tank. I don't trust many of the other numbers that thing spits out. lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
gas expenses were part of the reason I quit smoking. it's been a month and it's like I never smoked at all. bank account thanks me.

smoking... or driving the V? V!

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im not complaining about the gas milage, i knew this car was a pig on gas when i bought it. Like stated before i just wanted to make sure what im getting is normal or there is an issue. Sorry for making sure my vehicles are very well taken care of. I guess some of you just drive the shit out of yours and then complain when it breaks down.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,224 Posts
How you guys use a full tank is beyond me. Man, when that darn gas gauge drops below the halfway mark, I start sweating, heartbeat goes up, and my brow wrinkles.

I just hope you're doing this on the 402 between Sarnia and London.

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
If it makes any of you feel better...I got 13.7mpg driving back from Amsterdam on the AutoBahn.....averaged about 115 mph and it was pretty hilly.

BTW...I had to fill up in the Netherlands.....1.67 Euro a liter...yeah...do the math... about $8.50 a gallon? I have no idea how Europeans can afford to drive on the economy.....?:bigroll:

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
Let me bring all of you back to reality real quick, before I hear another person say "who buys a V for the gas mileage!?!?!?"...
Our cars retailed for $52,000, but have a KBB value of around $16,000 these days. We're not driving $350,000 Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, or Bentleys... so asking what kind of gas mileage we're supposed to get is not an unacceptable question - don't be douchebags about it. And don't kid yourself - many people want a practical car (4 doors) that has some pep to it. Practical... key word. If someone wanted a straight up sports car, i PROMISE you they would not buy a CTS-V. Let's be honest - our cars are sportY, but they are not sports cars. Thus to the average person that owns one, yes, they care about gas mileage.

I bought my CTS-V 4 years ago, and i got it because i wanted a 4 door sedan that i could take business clients to lunch in, and still have fun. Gas mileage was important to me too. I would not have bought the CTS-V if it got 15MPG highway.

Furthermore, he didn't ask an unusual question. If he's concerned that he's getting much worse gas mileage than he should (perhaps because of clogged injectors or some other issue), there's nothing wrong with asking for the general concensus. Like i said, if you don't want someone to ask in a public forum what kind of gas mileage they should be getting, go buy a car like a rolls royce, not a $15,000 CTS-V... and definitely don't be a douchebag to this guy.

OP - I get around the same gas mileage as you, maybe slightly better, but that's only because these days I find myself shifting at 3k almost every shift. At 75mph in 6th i get around 23 MPG, which i'm happy with. You can always get a tune to increase your MPG by 2 or 3. I know Gen I V owners that are getting 27-28MPG with some work done. Be aware that a lot factors into your MPG, including altitude... so depending where you live, even if you drive the same way, you may lose a few.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic
509 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
60 Posts
In anything under 5* Celsius I lose ~100km/tank driving in the city only. Right now I'm getting 375km/60 liters of only city driving. In the summer I manage 475. Maybe 10% of that is highway driving.

Btw rand94 I'm in london ;)

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
I would have mentioned this in my other post, but I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Sarnia. My wife works at Childrens hospital in London and my Dad and sister live there, so I'm there every now and then. Do you happen to drive a red V? Were you in port Huron a week or 2 ago? If so, I saw ya in the parking lot @ the mall.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Who buys a V for the gas mileage?!?!?!?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts