Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Catera
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 93 is required... What do you normal run? Would running 87 hurt? What is your MPG?

I normally run 93 in car all the time even tho I'm 18 and treat the car like its my baby. Still in high school working part time 30 hours a week. Yes its a lot for 93 gas Hahaha. I read in manual that you need to run 93 I'm car. What does everyone run? For all year Cateras people!!! I got a 1999

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Re: So 93 is required... What do you normal run? Would running 87 hurt? What is your

Premium 93 octane is recommended, not required. Reg 87 octane is fine with only a slight reduction in power. I've used it in mine for 6 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Catera
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
performance chip or programmer??

Does anyone know where I can get one? Or purchase one online?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Re: performance chip or programmer??

For these Cadillacs I seriously doubt there is one. NOTHING for the Seville/Deville/Eldorado lines. Nothing.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Re: performance chip or programmer??

There are no chip upgrades or reflashes for the Catera. Don't waste time searching Europe either. Their CPU is completely different. The only engine upgrades are the free-flow air intakes and exhausts. Search ebay.

PS: the so called chips on ebay are nothing but a resistor to fool the cpu that the engine is cool and needs extra fuel to raise its temp.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Gas requirements in the owner's manual, use no snake oil.

"Chips" are usually a scam - a plugin 25¢ resistor that fools the intake air temperature signal into providing a rich fuel/air mixture.

Some of the Catera tuners in this forum may have other tricks.

You already posted this in another thread, so I merged the two. Please do not double post the same questions. Let one thread do the work for one question. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You'll do the opposite of both with a "chip".

Accelerate and drive slower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts