Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run Marvels Mystery Oil in their gas. I do it on my Harley Davidson and am considering adding it to my EXT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One big plus I've heard is that it lubes the fuel pump. It stabilizes gas in vehicles that sit , lubes the areas in the fuel system and keeps your injectors clean. I run it in my 75 Shovelhead because I can't find leaded gas anymore. Plus to lube the intake valve train.
 

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
Joined
·
68,458 Posts
Use any and all of it. Use LOTS of it. I work part-time as a counterman at the local Western Auto and try to sell tons of additives. All good, all very beneficial. The only thing any of them do is to raise the cost of fueling, but what the heck. Buy LOTS of the stuff.


Google "spiff". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiff

(You guys pay for my gasoline and I use NONE of the crap.)



.............. from my early gearhead days in the 50s ...............
 

Attachments

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Submariner409 said:
Use any and all of it. Use LOTS of it. I work part-time as a counterman at the local Western Auto and try to sell tons of additives. All good, all very beneficial. The only thing any of them do is to raise the cost of fueling, but what the heck. Buy LOTS of the stuff. Google "spiff". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiff (You guys pay for my gasoline and I use NONE of the crap.) .............. from my early gearhead days in the 50s ...............
I still hear that today when I go to the parts store
 

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
Joined
·
825 Posts
I've been using synthetic outboard oil in my gas for a couple of years now as upper cylinder lube. Do a search for TC-W3, there are a few good long reads out there. Walmart sells it for about $12/gallon. Mix that seems beneficial to most is 500:1, so one ounce per 4 gallons is pretty close and that gallon will last you quite awhile.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
wake said:
I've been using synthetic outboard oil in my gas for a couple of years now as upper cylinder lube. Do a search for TC-W3, there are a few good long reads out there. Walmart sells it for about $12/gallon. Mix that seems beneficial to most is 500:1, so one ounce per 4 gallons is pretty close and that gallon will last you quite awhile.
I have been told to do this in my car due to its age
Does it really help out with a high mileage engine???
 

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
It is just like a 3 day juice cleanse for $89 to detoxify your body. Nobody can prove what toxins it takes care of or if it really does any good but just like fuel additives it does cleanse your wallet.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
N9LO said:
It is just like a 3 day juice cleanse for $89 to detoxify your body. Nobody can prove what toxins it takes care of or if it really does any good but just like fuel additives it does cleanse your wallet.

Good point
 

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
Joined
·
825 Posts
I have been told to do this in my car due to its age
Does it really help out with a high mileage engine???
I don't know that it helps but it is supposed to have upper cylinder lube properties along with helping to keep fuel injectors clean. I don't know that it is helping anything as far as I can measure, but as cheap as it is to use I figure why not?
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
wake said:
I don't know that it helps but it is supposed to have upper cylinder lube properties along with helping to keep fuel injectors clean. I don't know that it is helping anything as far as I can measure, but as cheap as it is to use I figure why not?

Ok thanks for clearing that up
 

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
I've used Sea Foam in the tank to clean the injectors but it too is probably cleansing my wallet.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
The only stuff I have ran through my truck is sea foam and that was to clean any stuff out of the lines and injectors after I changed the fuel filter

I did run it a few times before that and didn't notice much of a difference

I have used it in my car and it does show a difference in performance afterwards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
I have used Techron through my vehicles and it's made by Chevron. I can't safe I have seen any dramatic difference but your not supposed to use it all the time. I read a lot of good things about it but don't get me lying to you bout the results. Of course all the stuff I read about it on multiple forums was all good?.....
 

·
Registered
2003 deville
Joined
·
604 Posts
It's funny so many say additives aren't needed or recommend, but additives are already mixed in all gasolines to varying degrees more so in top tier gas. No you don't need most of them every fill up but it doesn't mean it wouldn't ever be helpful.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
purelux said:
It's funny so many say additives aren't needed or recommend, but additives are already mixed in all gasolines to varying degrees more so in top tier gas. No you don't need most of them every fill up but it doesn't mean it wouldn't ever be helpful.
Most additives that is mixed like that in is not always good for your vehicle
I know as I had got gas from one of the local stations near me in my car once and it fouled half the plugs in the car(not fun when your engine dies at a red light)
I have avoided it since due to that
 

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
Joined
·
68,458 Posts
ALL gasoline (and diesel fuel) contains "additives" that vary by region and also by season. Unleaded "straight" gas has more additives than E10 - ethanol is a powerful fuel system cleaner of itself.

Because higher octane gasoline burns slower than 87 octane it has more flame control and anti-oxidant additives than 87.

Chevron TECHRON is a component of TopTier gasoline.

http://www.toptiergas.com/

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=chevron+techron+fuel+system+cleaner&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top