Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac cts
7 Posts
**how long has your car did this? does it seem to cause any other problems other than the annoying noise?

my car does it almost always now, when driving, when nothing is on (no ac, heater, radio, Nothing). i seem to maybe not hear it when the AC is on though. i read another post about what you mentioned being wrong, & they said their defrost didnt always work right, & when i heard that i recall mine not working once (when i needed it the most) have you noticed that ? thanks, Rachel

·
Registered
CTS /CTS-V / Escalade EXT / Coupe
640 Posts
I too have the dash noise on my 05. Sounds like ducts opening and closing. Happens when the car is started and does it for a few minutes after its off. Im more apt to go with royal flushes remedy because my fluid levels are good. Might try royals suggestion this weekend.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
100 Posts
lol coincidentally i saw this post a week ago and my caddy was all systems go. This morning I get the gurgle gremlin in my dashboard. Will check coolant level and update.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
100 Posts
coolant level good and it seems to fix itself but comes back again. Actually listening to it it sounds more like switches and actuators moving around........dam gremlin

·
Registered
2006 CTS
122 Posts
Until you can get the dash pad off and can isolate it. It's just an annoying noise. It started and did it arbitrarily. Then increased and now is loud enough you get sick of it. If I could find a good shop manual for the 2006 or a good article on pulling the dash I'd do it sooner than later. Don't have good doc for doing that. They're usually a pain because of all the things you have to remove and the order. Then finally get to the cover. When I get to it I'll post what I find. This is not air in the cooling system on mine. I'm very familiar with air in a system and bleeding. This is an electro-vacuum-mechanical kind of problem. I'll be surprised if a little WD40 or just replacing an actuator motor doesn't cure it. Possibly a lose vacuum fitting. We'll see.

·
Registered
03 CTS Sedan
30 Posts
Soooo uhh... did anybody figure out what this was? I am familiar with air pressure equalization when air is with the water in the heater core, or bubbling back to the reservoir. But that particular sound would not stop when you pull the key out, it would gurgle until it is done burping. It would not resume when you turn the key to accy the following morning. It would have stabilized. It does sound similar. But this is vacuum / electrical / or a door gear issue.

I have the p0128 code for the thermostat job. Yes it's a big job. I am awaiting the temp sensor because I do not want to be ripping the intake off twice. But I cleared the code and it has not returned, and it has been cold out. I have 2003 CTS 3.2

Any updates on this issue ? VMS4EVR ? Payne?

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
I just repaired the noise in dash you speak of in a 2005 CTS. Would make noise when key on when HVAC mode door was in a specific mode. Would stop when moved to another. The worm gear in the Mode door actuator was worn and I suspect was allowing the position signal to very. I replaced the mode actuator and problem solved. Mode actuator is the upper one above the gas pedal on the left hand side of the heater box. BIG JOB. Remove the outer dash then remove or pull back the inner reinforcement. The brake pedal is attached to the inner reinforcement and will come off with it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
258 Posts
Wrenchh, I think the problem you fixed is the problem I am having.

Do you have the part number of the Mode actuator that you replaced?

How long did the job take you? Did this turn out to be the correct fix? Thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2
7 Posts
Re: Gargiling sound coming from inside dashboard..

Not really a farting sound either. it sounds like it is coming from more than one place under the dash, near the center top. Almost like random relay clicking sounds, but more muffled than that. But everything works OK. I don't think its my CD player doing things on its own, but i will check that out closer now that this has been mentioned.
Ive had this same issue before.. when you hear the sound is your heater/ac on or off? when you hear the noise cycle the heat/ac on and then back off to see if the noise goes away. I was told that is the damper door getting stuck and the gears are just "clicking". I told the source that mine sounded more like a "RELAY" but then was told that that's the sound it makes just muffled through the dash.. and then I hear a "Groan" 40-50 secs after ignition is turned of "Every Time. Still haven't solved the issue yet unfortunately..

·
Registered
Cadillac
258 Posts
I haven't troubleshot this problem anymore, hopefully will soon. Mine does it with heater/ac on of off, doesn't make any difference. I did notice that with the system ON, if I turn the temperature demand real high, or real low, it seems to get better for a while, then will eventually start doing it again.

·
Registered
None
1 Posts

My 04 cadillac cts does the gargling nose and I can hear it from the dashboard as well, when i turn my car offf I can still hear it..I was told it was something

with the A/C because when i turn it on and off it goes away other time it just gargles very aggravating .

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Interesting. My 2005 3.6 has a sound under the dash as well, but I would not describe my noise a gargling.

Mine is more of a faint sound of actuators or relays or something or air valves changing state.

It has only been doing this for a few months. I get no codes, everything still works 100% normal. I have tried messing with my A/C controls, radio controls, seat heat controls, seat controls, windows, etc. to determine what circuit this noise is part of, no luck. It's not very loud, the radio at low levels will drown it out, so will road noise. I'm guessing that something is not right, because it hasn't always done this. Even though everything is working OK at this moment, I bet something is getting ready to happen.

Any ideas?
Its an actuator for the vents i believe. I have seen it by getting down in the floorboard and looking up behind the dash

·
2008 CTS
10 Posts
I know this is a way old Post, but my Camaro z28 did this as well. The dealer told me the coolant needed "packed" in. With a cold start, have someone rev the engine to 2k up to 2.5k RPMs and hold it. Add coolant mixture until you see it full as cold. Return the cap immediately and then have the revs drop to normal. The air should naturally bleed out during this process into the overflow.
I'm guessing this sould work on the caddy's as well.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts