Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
CTS WAGON 3.6 AWD PREMIUM
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
CadiOne, love your auto background, yeah back in the day! :cool2:

I would have the mechanic do the installation. If you can get your Wagon out of the garage (pushing it out without starting it), have a flatbed take it to your mechanic for the alternator and other fluid changes you will need to have done. I'm keeping my finger crossed for you!

Marv
Thanks Marv, what you are saying, seems like the right thing to do especially when I would ultimately like to drop the old oil out before cranking the engine over... also the flatbed will have to probably pull the wagon out of the garage too... LOL

CHEERS,
Josh

·
Registered
202 Posts
The gas is probably fine. How full was the tank when the car died? If the tank was not full, you could just fill the tank with fresh gas and it should be fine. If the tank was nearly full, you could add some fuel stabilizer (Stabil or whatever), then once you've got battery power, cycle the ignition a few times to get the fuel pump to prime and stir things up in the tank.
Just an FYI, the gas is NOT fine. Since the mandated E-10 fuel, gas starts to "Phase separate" in about 90 days. Caadione, Drain the tank. It's a long read, but worth it http://www.lcbamarketing.com/phase_separation_in_ethanol_blen.htm

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,082 Posts
I wouldn't gamble with that fuel, either. I store a few of my cars for extended periods (6-12 months) and I always put them up with a full tank of non-ethanol gas AND run Sta-bil fuel stabilizer in the system. IMO, it's not worth taking a chance to save the $40 worth of ethanol-based gas that's in your tank.

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
There are plenty of articles out with the damaging results of ethanol-based fuels. Personally, my first bad experience involving ethanol was a collapsed fuel line (invisible to the eye until the offending line was removed and cut open for inspection) on my riding lawn mower. There were no symptoms leading up to the failure; basically it just "died" in the furthest point of the yard from my house. I only run ethanol fuel in my Tahoe as we regularly consume a full tank of gas per week in it so there is never any large quantity of "stale" gas present. All of my other vehicles as well as my power equipment (mowers, snowthrower, etc.) get non-ethanol fuel only. For the average fill-up (use the CTS as an appropriate example) it costs roughly $3 more per fill-up. Not a lot of coin for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,460 Posts
There are plenty of articles out with the damaging results of ethanol-based fuels. Personally, my first bad experience involving ethanol was a collapsed fuel line (invisible to the eye until the offending line was removed and cut open for inspection) on my riding lawn mower. There were no symptoms leading up to the failure; basically it just "died" in the furthest point of the yard from my house. I only run ethanol fuel in my Tahoe as we regularly consume a full tank of gas per week in it so there is never any large quantity of "stale" gas present. All of my other vehicles as well as my power equipment (mowers, snowthrower, etc.) get non-ethanol fuel only. For the average fill-up (use the CTS as an appropriate example) it costs roughly $3 more per fill-up. Not a lot of coin for piece of mind.
Yea, at that price it makes sense. it would cost $3 more per gallon here in NJ.

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Wow, that much? We have several stations that offer non-ethanol 91 octane which is about .40 cents more/gallon and also some of the newer stations (newly constructed, that is) that have a non-ethanol 87 octane for about .25 cents more/gal. over the price of the ethanol blend fuels.

I know in NJ you are not allowed to pump your own gas... maybe you are funding the station attendants retirement somehow. :D

Perhaps a modern-day version of Smokey & The Bandit movie can be filmed where instead of Coors beer we smuggle ethanol-free fuel across state lines...

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
We've got ourselves a February heatwave coming to NY this weekend, CadiOne! Plan on showing that longroof some daylight?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thanks all for more info on the fuel... as a rule we always try to avoid ethanol based fuels in our vehicles... sometimes when we drive cross country we can't avoid this...

Anywhich... despite the rare... great whether here BOTH my wife had to deal with the flu... so hopefully this weekend... or next week... the wagon will see the light of day!

Cheers all and thanks!

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Bummer, Josh. Getting the flu is terrible; getting the flu when we are having extraordinarily beautiful February weather just plain sucks.:(

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The NEWEST Caddilac One AKA The Beast will hit the road very soon. It was previously reported that it was used on Inauguration Day 2017; IT WAS NOT. due to some unknown delays, recent photos were released with a Heavy camouflage paint scheme on it... altho visually... and it was reported that is modeled after the CT6 and the Escalade.

I posted this here... only because I share the same namesake CadiOne... Cadillac one... and to keep this post alive... heheheheh

IMG_5007.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
These pics were posted on another thread and I JOKINGLY made the reference that the camouflage resembled carpet, perhaps from a failed business venture. My first post was quickly wiped clean...Too political :can:

----------

It definitely lives up to its nickname "Beast"--it dwarfs those Suburbans!

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Any progress on the wagon, Josh?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Ha! Good news, I’m not dead yet LOL... I had to get another Heart pump implant, my third heheheheh since 2009... as you may recall, my other option is a heart transplant and I don’t want a transplant, I wanna leave this earth with what I came with... since I’m relatively old anyway ��

MY caddy still sits in our NY garage. HOWEVER the real good news is that I will be moving her to a 2 1/2 car heated garage with electricity in Connecticut where I can comfortably work/restore and proudly get her back on the road again,

Thanks and cheers.

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Welcome back, Josh!
Compared to the NY stable, your new garage in CT will be palatial.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts