Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the difference from driver side to the passenger side in the gap height between the front facia and the hood bother anybody other than me? How about the amount of difference between the height of the rubber seal surrounding the ULTRAVIEW AND THE BASIC HEIGHT OF THE ROOF SURROUNDING IT? SORRY ABOUT CAPS< COMPUTER GLITCH>

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
The difference in the gap height between the front facia and the hood can be adjusted by manipulating (screw up or down) the body mounted rubber bumpers at the front end deck where the hood makes 'visual' contact at the front facia. I had the same problem and eliminated the height difference by making this simple adjustment - all is equal now. The ultra view panel on my car is basically flush with the roof - just a very slight difference at the middle of the back half of the ultra view panel. I don't plan on doing anything about it - too minor. If our V2 was hand built then such misalignments would be unacceptable (but then the cost of the automobile would the be unacceptable to most of us). But for a mass produced item I think the fit and finish is pretty darn good! I plan on sending my car to a custom Southern California body shop and have them fill in some seams and perfect any misalignments and then repaint the body with an even better White Diamond paint (a more deep metallic finish similar to my 05 Acura RL).

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. Sorry for the caps in the original post. Damn Apple or it's keyboard. I realize that the hood query is a minor aesthetic blem but I have looked at several CTS-V's in the greater LA area and so far all that I have looked at have had the gap. Some worse than others. I figured that if it was a simple mis-alignment prob tha the dealers would have checked to see if the hood bumpers could be re-adjusted without the hood dropping down too far and cause a visual misalignment with the adjoining fender. The cars that I have looked at for sale have the Ultra-view sticking up far enough above the basic roof line that I felt that it might cause a prob down the road.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironically, the thunder grey one that they used and / or supplied for the Autoblog write-up appears virtually perfect in that respect. Something else, and not that it is important or can't be corrected easily is the exhaust tip at the rear of the car where it comes out slightly from the bumper is somewhat offset on most of the cars that I have looked at on the passenger side it sits slightly to the passenger side, but also appears virtually perfect in the pics of the Autoblog thunder grey car. Not complaining, just observations.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
^^^^^^ ROFL and I'm a Mac guy, too (23 years).

Back on topic, I went out to my car an looked really hard at the gap on my hood. It appears mine is well-adjusted. The only alignment issue I have is that the right side of my trunk is a few mm higher than the left. I found this out accidentally the other day as I noticed that I could feel more of a dip on the rear light assembly on the left side, and on the right there was no dip. I'll get it adjusted when I get my first service. Other than that, absolutely no fitting issues.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW, was the wireless keyboard, but acted like a virus. And I can't complain as I was warned by several peeps, both Mac & PC that the wired mouse & keyboard would last longer. My Mac 20" still going strong, MAC wireless mouse still going strong, but wireless keyboard crapped out just 7 days short of 1 year, and I didn't have any paperwork with me at the MAC store yesterday so I paid for the new wired keyboard.
The white CTS-V that I looked at the other day appeared that it was more of a matter of the passenger side of the lower front facia where it angles & meets the hood did not mold fully or was missing about 1/4" so it looked like that portion would not be adjustable without the hood not aligning with the left front bumper, but I will look again.
TIA/R: Gary Wells

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
After reading anonfrank's post concerning alignment problems with the the trunk lid, I checked mine and could, as with the hood, find no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts