Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / Prev: 2007 Escalade
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.

I have a 2010 V. I pulled the winter set of tires and rims off the car yesterday and put the OEM set back on.

I noticed what seems to be a 3mm gap between the back of the rim and the mounting surface on each wheel. I don't recall this space being there when I pulled the rims before the winter, but I could be mistaken.

Does anyone else have this gap too?

Attachments

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Look at the back of the wheel and see if the edge bevels. It may just be that that you are seeing. Otherwise I'd say you didn't get the wheel set on properly.

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
If I'm thinking right their is a small guide pin that needs lined up. Loosen and try it one more time.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / Prev: 2007 Escalade
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - figured it out.

The winter rims had an aluminum ring adapter that came off and was stuck to the mounting surface. I pulled the wheels, wrestled the adapter off, and remounted. Flush, solid finish.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Dude, that could have been uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly!

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
I was thinking it was a spacer stuck to the hub. My winter wheels from Tire Rack had labels on them warning the user to remove the spacers when changing to the OEM wheels as they may stick to the hub. The spacers for my winter wheels, by the way, are 3mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts