Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*****Warning If your addiction is modding please stop reading now*****

Good Morning! Over the next several weeks I have appointments with the R&D departments of some major aftermarket companies. What this means to you? This means we should have aftermarket product available on the market sooner than usual.....

Right now I am not at liberty to discuss the names of the manufacturers, but here is the list of appointments:

1. Exhaust
  2. Cold air intake
  3. Lowering spring and or coil overs
  4. Custom grille
  5. Wheels
  6. Brakes
I will keep everybody updated on these projects as they progress!

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
Cadillac
141 Posts
Just the heads up for you when you go into your meetings so that your aftermarket companies dont mislead you. The platform for the new 08 CTS has not changed, nor has the engine. The additional horsepower is thanks to a more free flowing exhaust and a hotter base tune. Base mods like you have mentioned will not be at all difficult to find part for and you should not be waiting to jump right into modding now.

We heard the same thing about the CTS-V's LS6 parts not working for LS2's but when it comes right down to it, they bolt right up. (We installed many of these parts) This new CTS runs along the same lines as the older models. Even many of the factory part numbers are the same.

Like I said, just wanted to give you the heads up. Good luck at your meetings.

Tony
Big 3 Performance
262-542-2443
http://www.big3performance.com/home.asp?id=1

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the heads up for you when you go into your meetings so that your aftermarket companies dont mislead you. The platform for the new 08 CTS has not changed, nor has the engine. The additional horsepower is thanks to a more free flowing exhaust and a hotter base tune. Base mods like you have mentioned will not be at all difficult to find part for and you should not be waiting to jump right into modding now.

We heard the same thing about the CTS-V's LS6 parts not working for LS2's but when it comes right down to it, they bolt right up. (We installed many of these parts) This new CTS runs along the same lines as the older models. Even many of the factory part numbers are the same.

Tony
Big 3 Performance
262-542-2443
Tony,

Thanks for the heads up! I am fully aware of the platform and all the changes on the 2008 Cadillac CTS.. FYI I work for a cadillac dealer.

Why would I be anxious to start modding right away, when I can meet with these large companies and have them do R&D on my car and give me the product for free? This way I will know for sure if they are compatible or if there are some improvements to be made? Why roll the dice?

Why would I put an exhaust system and or a cold air system that was designed for a 3.6 on a 3.6DI motor? If it works right excellent, if not I have the benefit of having all the proper R&D done right.

Same thing on the suspension, the suspension on this car isnt from the regular cts it is a mix of CTS-V and STS suspension parts?

Same goes for the wheels, 5x120 bolt pattern with the right offset and size. Why would I buy wheels off the rack when I can get a set of one off wheels or a nice set of two peice wheels? Have you tried to find 20's or 22's in this bolt pattern? good luck!

David

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
big3: Can you make our 1st gen 3.6L pump out 300hp then? I'd be interested in that

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Second appointment was with MHT. ( www.mhtwheels.com )
Looks like I am going with multi piece wheels. Either 21's or 22's. This is going to be a brand new design. The wheels hopefully will be built by the end of the week!

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Tony
Big 3 Performance
262-542-2443
Tony
Ok so tell me what springs can or cant be install? I can tell you none of the part numbers on the factory springs are the same as the previous generation.

I will give you the part numbers and tell me what aftermarket springs are compatible and Ill buy them from you today....

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gonne bee goooooooooood cant wait for pics... Chip Foose = Legend !!!!

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My thread, so off topic is ok..

Chip Foose made Boyd Coddington.

He screwed him by starting his own company? Chip's father is also a well-known fabricator and owns a company called Project Design.

Foose designed and is responsible for the Coddington "look". Foose designed Coddington's Roadster, Sportstar, Boydster I and II, etc........

Chip Foose is the ultimate builder!

·
Registered
341 Posts
yup yup the Cadillac Dealer that I use has foose rims... my guess is they sell his products.... I wouldnt mind foose rims on my car..... shit I wouldnt mind him making my car a show car lol

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
My thread, so off topic is ok..

Chip Foose made Boyd Coddington.

He screwed him by starting his own company? Chip's father is also a well-known fabricator and owns a company called Project Design.

Foose designed and is responsible for the Coddington "look". Foose designed Coddington's Roadster, Sportstar, Boydster I and II, etc........

Chip Foose is the ultimate builder!
The way Coddington tells the story he took Foose in off the street, let him live with him, gave him full reign to build his stuff, gave him the benefit of his credibility, and celebrity. Coddington ran into money troubles, Foose bailed on him, went into business in direct competition, and Coddington barely survived.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coddington made bad business decisions, thats why he ran into money problems and had to sell coddington wheels to american racing! Chip didnt make the bad business decisions. Ive met Foose and just by what little I have seen of Coddington on T.V. He is an A**! Who would you rather work for? A stand up guy and the best builder around or an bad money manager a**?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Foose seems to be a nice stand up family guy that loves his work and takes pride in it.. not only that but it seems like he appreciates the people that work for him and help him build. I myself am a foose fan...

·
Registered
887 Posts
do not hack up that grill. leave it alone you will spoil the car.......i think the stock grill says CADILLAC***********************************

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.