Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of changing my Cam. I have now a Comp Cam which is the 228/232 I think This is on the card at a duration @.050 with lobe lift .3460/.3500 I don't understand any of this but can I go with another cam to get more power?maybe down in low RPM? I have 427 RWHP and TQ is 395. I'm always looking for more. What cam?or should I do something else?:alchi:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LPE Cold air intake, SW Headers, No cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Ported heads, and Cam. Headrest Monitors and chrome OEM wheels(lol). Eibach springs, Hoskis sway bars. Did I spell that ok? Still Hung over!

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
TXSilverV said:
LPE Cold air intake, SW Headers, No cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Ported heads, and Cam. Headrest Monitors and chrome OEM wheels(lol). Eibach springs, Hoskis sway bars. Did I spell that ok? Still Hung over!
You may want to consider the ETP heads...A&A (new vendor) has gotten some shocking numbers with them. #s like 450-460 rwhp with a similar cam to yours.

Try searching the Vette boards and try calling [email protected]

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Dreamin said:
Andy's at 481rwhp on a Z06 with AFR 205s and big cam.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67757
I heard A&A had replaced the AFRs with ETPs recently due to better flow...Hence my 450 est with the milder cam.

ETPs on a Z06...

ETP head and Cam-470 RWHP -425RWT
We just finished another ETP head install. This time on a stock displacement Z06.
It's just a little 228 -232 cam 114 LSA, Kooks headers, FAST 90 and a set of ETP 215 cylinder heads. No UD pulley or electric pump. Stock Z06 mufflers too. Crappy 91 octane, no Torco, no tricks. I, for one, am very impressed.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! I think I will buy a set of those heads! What cam should I go with? Or should I just keep the same one. Do I need the Fast 90? What kind of gain will that give and would I need to change something else if I do the intake?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Weren't you just trying to sell your car?

And it wasn't too long ago you were talking about adding a Magna Charger.

Now a more aggressive cam?? :hmm:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's like this! I will not sell my car for 26K-28K, I would rather the car rot in hell before I would get rid of the car that cheap(yes I'm Bitter). I keep going back to a N/A engine over the magnacharger(not sure why). I'm just confused! But I do have one thing correct in the fact I will not sell my car. I'm going to give it to my five year old when he gets out of college.

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
TXSilverV said:
Wow! I think I will buy a set of those heads! What cam should I go with? Or should I just keep the same one. Do I need the Fast 90? What kind of gain will that give and would I need to change something else if I do the intake?
I'd try the cam you have first and see what the delta looks like...You don't have to go anywhere near as deep in labor to swap heads vs. the cam. You can always do the cam later. Just to be safe...throw a set of CC 921 Valvesprings and Retainers on heads before you drop them in. They will support crazy cams up to .6xx lift with agressive ramp rates (G5X-3, etc).

The FAST 90 is excellent, but the LS6 is still the best flowing intake that fits under our hoods. Save the extra $1k and see how the heads do on their own.

I bet A&A can speak to actual LS6 gains with just the heads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts