Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..........I was wondering about my g meter.....above the meter are two arrows.........and a number in between them.....looks like " 9' " Any ideas what that is?.....tried to find something in the manual and no luck... the meter says .89 to the left and .93 to the right....just spikes tho.......quickie onramp stuff to impress my cousin. Any help would be apprieciated.
MadMike

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is not a '9' it is actually a 'g' which indicates g-force... don't feel stupid, you're not the only one (no admission of guilt on my part, no never).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhhhhh.......oh yeah..........i knew that........just seeing if you did....and the check's in the mail........
:lies::histeric::thumbsup:

·
Registered
Redline CTS-V (sniffle)
176 Posts
No, that is not really it. If anything that will make it read erroneous results.
What he meant to say was "+1 for the FAQ" http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/gmon.html.
In short, hold the bottom left button while the meter is on display.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
3,990 Posts
Sorry guys but a search didn't bring the answer back.

How do you reset the G-force meter?
disconnect the battery
Really is that it?
No, that is not really it. If anything that will make it read erroneous results.
What he meant to say was "+1 for the FAQ" http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/gmon.html.
In short, hold the bottom left button while the meter is on display.
:rofl:

·
Registered
CTS-V
45 Posts
Is there a way to reset the g-force meter? The only way I have found so far is to unplug the battery.

Also, does anyone know if the g-force meter is saved to the driver. So Driver 1 would show different numbers than Driver 2? I haven't had an opportunity to figure this out yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
I forget which buttin you hold but its either the top of bottom DIC button. Just hold it for like 3 seconds and it will reset.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
the only way to reset the G-meter is to disconnect the battery for 2 hours

:)

..or hold down the bottom steering wheel arrow thing ;)

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
+1 for disconnecting the battery.... and I was so prooud of my +1 readings... guess I'll have to get em back again!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I believe you go to the g page and then just push the button like you are going to change the page again only dont let off the button. It should reset.

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
I believe you go to the g page and then just push the button like you are going to change the page again only dont let off the button. It should reset.
think ctsv 154 is right

Just reset that thing the other day. Wasn't sure how but it did reset, And I believe I pushed up till the g displayed, then pushed & held the lower button & it reset or something like that, All I know is it did reset

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Blacked Out CTS-V
176 Posts
"Wow" Can you really turn hard
enough to get it to 0 ,
I thought it would go to 9.99
Think about it. The only way to get those numbers is to get t boned by a loaded semi truck going a hundred miles an hour!!!:histeric::wtf3:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts