Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:want: I spoke to Zenrin customer service today. I purchased their DVD NAV Version 6.3 in June 05 and asked what the upgrade price was for the NEW Version 6.4. There is no upgrade price. If you want the NEWEST Version 6.4, you must pay the full $190.00 purchase price plus shipping. Going from version 6.3 to 6.4 should be minor changes other than alot of Canada included on the new version. If it was available and reasonable, I would have upgraded and sold my 6.3 version at a fair price. Although, their price is reasonable compared to the Cadillac factory disc, I'm not impressed with the people at Zenrin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
-1- said:
:want: I spoke to Zenrin customer service today. I purchased their DVD NAV Version 6.3 in June 05 and asked what the upgrade price was for the NEW Version 6.4. There is no upgrade price. If you want the NEWEST Version 6.4, you must pay the full $190.00 purchase price plus shipping. Going from version 6.3 to 6.4 should be minor changes other than alot of Canada included on the new version. If it was available and reasonable, I would have upgraded and sold my 6.3 version at a fair price. Although, their price is reasonable compared to the Cadillac factory disc, I'm not impressed with the people at Zenrin.
Is the 6.3 version or 6.4 version what I need? I just completed a NAV swap on my 05 CTS from another 05 CTS.:hmm:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rageCTS said:
Is the 6.3 version or 6.4 version what I need? I just completed a NAV swap on my 05 CTS from another 05 CTS.:hmm:
:yup: Yes, Version 6.4 was just released. Zenrin sells it at a great price, $190 plus shipping. I can live with my 3 1/2 month old Version 6.3. They should have a reduced price upgrade program, particularly within X months of purchasing an older version. Don't even mention you have a Cadillac. They won't confirm that it works with the CTS. It takes about two weeks to receive once ordered.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
-1- said:
:yup: Yes, Version 6.4 was just released. Zenrin sells it at a great price, $190 plus shipping. I can live with my 3 1/2 month old Version 6.3. They should have a reduced price upgrade program, particularly within X months of purchasing an older version. Don't even mention you have a Cadillac. They won't confirm that it works with the CTS. It takes about two weeks to receive once ordered.
I am going to order the 6.4 next week because the 6.3 that I currently own has 2 year old map data and there is so much construction in my area that roads that were built 2 years ago are not on the 6.3. I am hoping that the 6.4 adds many of those roads because I hate when I look at the nav and it has me driving on blank space.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tomm said:
I am going to order the 6.4 next week because the 6.3 that I currently own has 2 year old map data and there is so much construction in my area that roads that were built 2 years ago are not on the 6.3. I am hoping that the 6.4 adds many of those roads because I hate when I look at the nav and it has me driving on blank space.
:yup: Tomm, let us know is you notice substantial updates from Version 6.3. If it's worth updating, I'll pay the price. I'm still not happy with Zenrin's "no upgrade" policy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
-1-