Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you didn't know the 2008 CTS does not come with a spare tire or a jack. Only a can of tire-inflater. If you want the donut spare and a jack, it's 250.00 extra.:eek:

·
Registered
CTS 2008,SRX 2011 awd perfmc & 2011 CTS awd Coupe
38 Posts
Wow spare tire?
I got my cts 2008, and reading my vehicle details 'standard mechanical' listing its says 'COMPACT SPARE TIRE' included. I dont understand.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
The 08 I test drove the other day also had the spare and jack included at $250. I remember years ago when Toyota would sell you a truck w/out a bumper, extra $$ if you wanted it. A full size spare and jack should be included, JMHO.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EDMAN, check your window sticker. I'll bet you have a 250.00 charge for it. The Cadillac website, the '08 CTS brochure, and my salesman all say "no spare or jack included".

·
Registered
CTS, DI, FE3
281 Posts
Its not just a Canadian thing most likely just a change in standard equipment by GM. I think its a good idea. How many people on average really ever use the spare tire? some might but the average person would call RA.

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
you find that many autos are beginning to offer the spare as an option going with the inflator and goo bottle only these days......cost savings, design savings, etc......

isnt that why they have RA and AAA these days anyway.....have had to use the inflator and bottle on our other car...and it works like a champ....the tire repair places hate you..because they have to clean the goo out of the tire before they can patch it......most simply try to sell a new tire vice cleaning it out.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts