Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being very new here and also liking it very much perhaps I should not make a suggestion. However, I'd like to toss it out there for consideration. I would like to see another catagory under the individual models of Cadillac Forums. A seperate topic for the 1985 thru 1992 FWD Fleetwoods and Fleetwood Sixty Specials and the 1993 Sixty Special and Sixty Special Ultra. They did have unique VIN prefix(s) and all too often get grouped into the RWD Fleetwood Brougham cars and as you know one could not be more different from the other. Some FWD Fleetwood questions/statements wind up under "deVille" while others are hiding out under "Fleetwood Brougham". I think that a dedicated FWD Fleetwood / Sixty Special forum would be a good thing. :banana:

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Hey Sandy - all suggestions are welcome. Splitting the Fleetwoods into RWD and FWD has been brought up before. We have been cautious not to add too many Forums to avoid getting cumbersome - however, we are looking at making some changes and additions as we grow, and this is one we will consider, especially now that our Webmaster has a Fleetwood.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Hi Sandy.. Thank you for the suggestion. We love suggestions. :) So never feel funny about making them... I think we've been leaning more towards seperating the Fleetwood discussions into a Fleetwood area. That would mean all Fleetwoods would be in this one forum.

This would be an improvement because Fleetwood owners wouldn't have to browse through all the DeVille discussions.. What you're suggesting would be an even further improvement - but I don't know if we're quite ready for that just yet. If we're going to have another forum, it'll need to be active enough to keep it around. I think that in time, we could seperate the FWD Fleetwoods and RWD Fleetwoods with a Subforum INSIDE the Fleetwood area..

This is only my idea of how it should be.. I think this is generally what we want here but I could be wrong. The bottom line is, whatever happens here is going to be the direct result of what the people (like you) want.. If enough people want seperate forums for FWD and RWD Fleetwoods, then that'll happen...

Thanks again! And let's talk more about it...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I've got enough info on '89-'93 FWD Fleetwoods/Sixty Specials to keep a dedicated forum :bouncy: hoppin' ~ Lots & lots of factory memos, production data, specs and lots more! I'd like to see it become a reality, and I hope other owners would as well. Sal, did you catch my car's photos ('ya, under deVille!) ~ The deep Plum one with Sno White Interior.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Forgive me for my cynicism, but we already have respective forums for these cars. The RWD Fleets can have their own line of discussion because they differ greatly from normal Cadillacs - IE 350's, lack of convienience features, size, etc. The FWD fleets are IMHO rebadged DeVilles. Same motor (4.5 or 4.9) and similar design.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
I was thinking about the same thing as 2dfx - RWD fleetwoods can have their own forum, FWD fleets can go with the deville cause they're so similar. Old school fleets can go in the classic section *when* we get it :)

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Sandy said:
Oh, I've got enough info on '89-'93 FWD Fleetwoods/Sixty Specials to keep a dedicated forum :bouncy: hoppin' ~ Lots & lots of factory memos, production data, specs and lots more! I'd like to see it become a reality, and I hope other owners would as well. Sal, did you catch my car's photos ('ya, under deVille!) ~ The deep Plum one with Sno White Interior.
You got production data? I would sure like to know how many 1991 FWD Fleetwoods were made compared to Devilles. If you can break it down more, how many 1991 FWD Fleetwoods were made in "Light Antelope" color? I don't see too many Fleetwoods like mine, and I see about 7 Devilles for every 3 Fleets. I have only seen one other like mine but it was a 1990 with the 4.5L. Most people don't really take care of them too good.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ralph said:
You got production data? I would sure like to know how many 1991 FWD Fleetwoods were made compared to Devilles. If you can break it down more, how many 1991 FWD Fleetwoods were made in "Light Antelope" color? I don't see too many Fleetwoods like mine, and I see about 7 Devilles for every 3 Fleets. I have only seen one other like mine but it was a 1990 with the 4.5L. Most people don't really take care of them too good.

The 1991 FWD Fleetwoods totaled 15,126 manufactured thusly:-
894 Coupes / 12,979 Sedans and 1,253 Sedans with the "Sixty Special" Interior Package featuring those 22-way power heated seats. "Antelope Firemist" was the 3rd most popular color on them, with 2,410 of the 15,126, or 15.9%. deVilles:- (1991) 11,240 Coupes; 121,543 Sedans and 1,500 deVille Touring Sedans, totaling 134,283. Therefore, 10% were Fleetwoods and 90% were deVilles, or put another way, out of a dealer stock of 11 FWD "C" bodies, 10 were deVilles & 1 was a Fleetwood.
I still would like to see a FWD Fleetwood forum. Granted, it's basically a deVille, but other than an extra set of doors, a 1990's Seville is basically a Eldorado, too. I even have photos of a couple of Seville Coupes that were made up, and are running around in Michigan, just about unnoticed by the masses. Due to their exceptionally low production numbers, I feel the FWD Fleetwoods are very interesting and may, in the future fall into the "Special Interest" catagory of collectibles, whereas there are just too many deVilles to generate much interest among collectors and/or hobbyists.
(A further breakout of those Antelope Firemists on Fleetwoods would be:-
140 Coupes in color & 2,270 Sedan in color. The Antelope Firemist was NOT available in combination with the Sixty Special Option on the Fleetwood Sedan, due to lack of a compatable interior color.

S A N D Y

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I'm still on the fence about what to do here. Even if the FWD Fleetwoods are similar to the DeVilles, they need to go into the Fleetwood section.. What would Cadillac itself do? It would be too confusing otherwise..

Maybe we can just take the Fleetwood posts out of the DeVille section and create a Fleetwood area. Then, create a subforum for either the RWD or FWD platform. THAT would seperate things nicely. OR, just leave the RWD and FWD together in that same forum.. Either way seems fine..

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sal Collaziano said:
I'm still on the fence about what to do here. Even if the FWD Fleetwoods are similar to the DeVilles, they need to go into the Fleetwood section.. What would Cadillac itself do? It would be too confusing otherwise..

Maybe we can just take the Fleetwood posts out of the DeVille section and create a Fleetwood area. Then, create a subforum for either the RWD or FWD platform. THAT would seperate things nicely. OR, just leave the RWD and FWD together in that same forum.. Either way seems fine..

What do you think?

I think that you hit upon a workable and excellent common sence solution >> :) <<

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Sandy, thanks!! that's great info and numbers. Now I'm scared to drive my car. LOL! It's rare. ;) As far as I know my color is called "light antelope" I've never heard of "antelope firemist," wasn't that a red color? I'm holding the original touch up bottle that the dealer gave my dad in 1991, and it is: "Lt. Antelope F/M 95, 1989. #12345425"
And another bottle for the silver lower half of the car called "warm silver." We have never needed these touch up bottles because it was hardly driven, so they are dried up. I hope I can still order more if need be.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sandy said:

The 1991 FWD Fleetwoods totaled 15,126 manufactured thusly:-
894 Coupes / 12,979 Sedans and 1,253 Sedans with the "Sixty Special" Interior Package featuring those 22-way power heated seats. "Antelope Firemist" was the 3rd most popular color on them, with 2,410 of the 15,126, or 15.9%. deVilles:- (1991) 11,240 Coupes; 121,543 Sedans and 1,500 deVille Touring Sedans, totaling 134,283. Therefore, 10% were Fleetwoods and 90% were deVilles, or put another way, out of a dealer stock of 11 FWD "C" bodies, 10 were deVilles & 1 was a Fleetwood.
I still would like to see a FWD Fleetwood forum. Granted, it's basically a deVille, but other than an extra set of doors, a 1990's Seville is basically a Eldorado, too. I even have photos of a couple of Seville Coupes that were made up, and are running around in Michigan, just about unnoticed by the masses. Due to their exceptionally low production numbers, I feel the FWD Fleetwoods are very interesting and may, in the future fall into the "Special Interest" catagory of collectibles, whereas there are just too many deVilles to generate much interest among collectors and/or hobbyists.
(A further breakout of those Antelope Firemists on Fleetwoods would be:-
140 Coupes in color & 2,270 Sedan in color. The Antelope Firemist was NOT available in combination with the Sixty Special Option on the Fleetwood Sedan, due to lack of a compatable interior color.

S A N D Y
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

davesdeville was statistically SHUT DOWN! :D

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ralph:-

"Lt. Antelope F/M 95, 1989."

The F/M stands for Firemist, the Code of 95 bears that out. It's "Light Antelope Firemist" GMpaint code for 1991 of 095.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
My take on this is that being the owner of a rear wheel drive 1991 Brougham D'Elegance, which is basically a RWD Fleetwood, I don't want to be going through a general Fleetwood forum and reading a ton of front wheel drive stuff which has nothing do with my car. :p

That being said, since the FWD Fleetwoods and DeVilles are basically the same car with some trim differences I think the best way to do a split would be a forum for FWD DeVilles and Fleetwoods and one for RWD DeVilles, Broughams and Fleetwoods. Why group ALL Fleetwoods together just because they have the same name when the differences between RWD ones and FWD ones are so much BIGGER then FWD DeVilles and Fleetwoods?

Another way of looking at splitting the FWD cars between DeVille and Fleetwood is that most of the questions I've seen about them seem to go for both since the body style is the same. So lets say someone who has a FWD Fleetwood has a general question about a window problem or something and posts it in the Fleetwood forum. Chances are good that the RWD owners aren't going to be able to offer much advice to them because they have no experience with the car and a DeVille owner won't have any adivce for them since they don't have a Fleetwood and won't be reading the Fleetwood forum.

I'm still on the fence about what to do here. Even if the FWD Fleetwoods are similar to the DeVilles, they need to go into the Fleetwood section.. What would Cadillac itself do?
When it came to service manuals Cadillac split them up between FWD and RWD and not by name. So maybe that's something to consider too ;)

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with you, Brougham on the point of FWD with FWD and RWD with RWD. The common sense factor of that cannot be denied.
But right now, if I recall the headings, Brougham is together with Fleetwood (which one FWD/RWD) as well as deVille and Sixty Special of '93. I guess ideally it should be FWD deVille & FWD Fleetwood & FWD 60 Special on one thread/topic and RWD deVille Fleetwood & Fleetwood Brougham on another. Right ?? Does that make sence ?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
'Ya, that's better than how it is now.
I am not a huge fan of FWD, allthough I cannnot say that I hate it either. I just love the style of the 1989-1992 FWD Fleetwoods and the 1993 60~Special. The last of the angular styled, long and low fender skirted whitewalled Caddy.

The way the sub-heading reads now is:-
Forum for discussions regarding the DeVille, Fleetwood, Brougham and 60 Special.

More better would be:
FWD DeVille, FWD Fleetwood and FWD 60 Special

While a new heading would read:
RWD DeVille, RWD Fleetwood, RWD Brougham and RWD 60 Special

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Sandy said:
Ralph:-

"Lt. Antelope F/M 95, 1989."

The F/M stands for Firemist, the Code of 95 bears that out. It's "Light Antelope Firemist" GMpaint code for 1991 of 095.
OMG! I should have realized that FM could mean Firemist. :disappoin Thanks again for the valuable (to me) info on production numbers, I cannot wait to show them to dad.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
8 Participants
the Sandman