Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray stock (unmodded and happy this way)
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading on the various threads how the new Cadillac chief wants to change the model line up. What is happening to all those wonderful V series vehicles? What can Cadillac offer in the future that can be worthy of wearing the V badge?

·
Registered
09 V 6M Thunder Gray
259 Posts
V series will live on. CTS I believe is in its last incarnation. It'll probably be a CT5 or CT4 or who knows.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray stock (unmodded and happy this way)
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I heard a little about the CT5. Is that currently just a concept or soon to be ready for production?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
The V is entering it's third generation and has an avid following. No chance it's going away.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
V series will live on. CTS I believe is in its last incarnation. It'll probably be a CT5 or CT4 or who knows.
the CTS is not going away...just the name is...there will likely always be a car in this segment despite the name...CT5-V maybe

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
hyperbole....no way ANY luxury car manufacturer would exit certain meat and potato segments....they will tweak the formula until they get it right...but they will stay
Don't know how you define "meat and potatoes" segment but no luxury model is immune from failure of attaining its sales target. It has happened more than once before:

"Discontinued in 2011, Cadillac DTS was synonymous with success, and brought together power, performance and luxury in a full-size, six-passenger luxury sedan that remained virtually unrivaled. The renowned Northstar V8 powered DTS and featured an electronically controlled ignition to optimize combustion and power. This smooth and quiet engine was mated to a proven automatic overdrive transmission known for nearly seamless shifts. The four-wheel independent suspension provided a smooth, comfortable ride."

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
The DTS did not go away, it was replaced with the XTS, which is likely to be replaced by the CT6. I think the CTS will likely get redone sooner than planned but caddy is not going to give up on a mid size sedan. You are talking crazy.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
Talking crazy? The CTS has become more than a "mid-size" sedan. It is now bloated and overpriced. But don't take my word for it. Let the public speak.. or maybe they already have!

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
Talking crazy? The CTS has become more than a "mid-size" sedan. It is now bloated and overpriced. But don't take my word for it. Let the public speak.. or maybe they already have!
I'm a willing (and anxious) buyer for that bloated, overpriced CTS-V3 !
Let me know what new car you will get to compete with it.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Don't know how you define "meat and potatoes" segment but no luxury model is immune from failure of attaining its sales target. It has happened more than once before:

"Discontinued in 2011, Cadillac DTS was synonymous with success, and brought together power, performance and luxury in a full-size, six-passenger luxury sedan that remained virtually unrivaled. The renowned Northstar V8 powered DTS and featured an electronically controlled ignition to optimize combustion and power. This smooth and quiet engine was mated to a proven automatic overdrive transmission known for nearly seamless shifts. The four-wheel independent suspension provided a smooth, comfortable ride."
an old man is talking to a young man and says "when I was your age I used to have dry farts and wet dreams.....now i have wet farts and dry dreams"

the DTS is synonymous with the old man...not success as stated in your PR spin cut and paste

Meat and potatoes segments would be small luxury (C-Class, 3 Series, ATS)...mid-size luxury (E-Class, 5 Series, CTS) and large Luxury (S-Class, 7 Series, CTwhatever they call it) pretty simple really

----------

ATSV with an LS7 and 7 speed manual, if they ever make it.... otherwise no Caddy for me.
Cadillac has shut this door...move on and answer the question below

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
Which is exactly why I think it will be redone sooner rather than later. They refreshed the malibu when sales did not meet expectations.
I don't know what they will do, but I expect something. Maybe a CT4 next year which is a restyled cts, tweaking the backend or?
Personally I think it is too bland compared to Gen 2. I'm still a very happy camper with my Vagon and no plan to part with it.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
an old man is talking to a young man and says "when I was your age I used to have dry farts and wet dreams.....now i have wet farts and dry dreams"

the DTS is synonymous with the old man...not success as stated in your PR spin cut and paste.

----------

[/COLOR]

Cadillac has shut this door...move on and answer the question below
I could have stated STS, XLR, or a whole host of other Cadillac models that have fallen by the wayside. DTS was merely an example.

I HAVE answered the question... "no Caddy for me unless...". Cadillac has had this incessant need to chase BMW over the past 10 years starting with the CTS V1 that I've owned since 2004 (where were you?). I've also owned 2 E46s over the past 10 years and will buy a BMW M4 or M5 when the time is right IF I can't get what I want in the USA. There is still time for GM to give me what I want since they are putting the LS7 and 7 speed in the new Z28... but "like the old man" in your analogy I have grown beyond my 2 door pony car passion many years ago. The door may be closing but its not slammed shut yet.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
I just looked at the caddy website and see it compares very favorably with the M5.
10K less, (20K when M5 comparably equiped) goes 50mph faster, better power/weight ratio. faster off the line, Nice, very nice. Temptations.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
CTS V1 that I've owned since 2004 (where were you?)
Laughing at that piece of crap every time it grenaded it's drivetrain, laughing at the shoddy plastic interior, laughing at the interior panel gaps and exterior body gaps you could drive a bus through.....very little GM made prior to 2007 was worth a damn....since then GM has put out great ptoducts

1 - 20 of 128 Posts