Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  haute_heir 
But the gas cap is locked... So why bother an automatic fuel door opener for safety purpose?

DDS rollin a CTS said:
...???...

That may just be standard for the european models. ours, well mine at least, just screws in and out, no lock of any sort.
I guess we found another plus feature of the Euro version :rolleyes:

MikeB066 said:
For all those who have posted claiming that the non-locking fuel door is ok, obliviously you are blessed with a distinct lack of enemies or crazy ex’s. I was shocked, if not completely horrified to discover that my ~$40,000 Cadillac did not come equipped with a feature that is standard on almost every other car I have owned in the last fifteen years (including such plebian fare as a Saturn SC2).

A long time ago, I had a friend who had to shell out the cash out of pocket to replace an engine after it had been sabotaged by an unkind person. Leaving so obvious a security hole in an otherwise nice package seems a gross oversight on the part of Cadillac.

Set aside revenge as a motive, there are plenty of malicious people in this world who are more than willing to deface, if not completely ruin, a vehicle because they are envious of other people’s success. I live in a condo complex and routinely the BMW’s are keyed. So far my precious CTS has been spared, but apparently someone has a real dislike for people who drive better cars than them. If they were to escalate to engine sabotage, sure insurance would cover it, or warranty, but who need the hassle? I would much rather the manufacturer address the issue before I have to replace my engine.

The CTS should have a locking fuel door, period. The lack thereof is a major oversight and short-change for those of us who do not have a locked garage in which to park their cars!
Obviously you can get a locking gas cap from the dealer if you don't have one. Like mine it already had one, so they are available. Hope that solves your problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.