Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  haute_heir 
Stoneage_Caddy said:
question , i have a CTS at work for my demo car ....ive been opeing the fuel door with my plastic keychain ....there isnt some sort of relese thing that pops it open is there ? its a pain in the ass to get the fuel door open , cant belive they ddint put a notch or handle to get it open
If you push on the leading edge of the door that will pivot the back out. :thumbsup:

I like the concept of the remote door release b/c then it could be set to pop at least part way open when you push the button, thus reducing confusion among the more "easily confused" cadillac drivers. J/K Stony! ;)

As for the arguement that it wont stop somebody who wants to steal your gas, youre right. But in reality, NO, and I repeat, NO anti-theft device or lock is 100% effective at stopping theives. Their real purpose is to make the criminals job a little bit harder. If they figure out they have to carry a crow bar to get at our gas, while they can just open the tank on a minivan by hand, I guarantee you the vast majority wont waste their time with our car and will go after that van.

I used to have a car with a remote release on the tank and never had a problem with remembering to hit the button as I pulled into the gas station so I'd have no problem with Caddy adding one to make the freeloaders lives a bit more difficult.

70eldo said:
But the gas cap is locked... So why bother an automatic fuel door opener for safety purpose?
...???...

That may just be standard for the european models. ours, well mine at least, just screws in and out, no lock of any sort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.