Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around in the fuse box to make sure all the fuses are in place and working. I noticed the 10A “theft horn” fuse is missing. I figured it will be a easy fix. I got the right size fuse, tried to fit it in there. It wouldn’t click. It would just come out, no click sound whatsoever. I thought maybe the fuse is defected, so I tried other fuse, it won’t click too.
Then I thought maybe “maybe” the fuse is not correct size. So I took one existing fuse, just below it, it’s the same size and tried to insert it, it just wouldn’t click.
On the fuse box, the fuse for theft horn is standard and I just can’t figure out what’s the issue here!!
I’ll attach photos. And this is the rear cargo area fuse box. I have the premium model.
(I know the “left window” fuse is not correct amps, I have ordered 40A for that)

·
Registered
2013 Caddy SRX Luxury
373 Posts
Looks like you are missing several fuses or perhaps you don’t have those options

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
912 Posts
Your vehicle doesn't have that option. The fuse won't stay in because there are no contacts soldered on the circuit board (inside the fuse block) in that location. Your vehicle uses the regular horn for the theft alarm. I believe the special theft horn is only on some export vehicles.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,584 Posts
Pull an existing fuse or relay and look into the holes where the blades lock in. You'll immediately see the difference - just as in the other 6 or 7 blank fuse locations in your pictures - no blade contact sockets.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you are missing several fuses or perhaps you don’t have those options
Your vehicle doesn't have that option. The fuse won't stay in because there are no contacts soldered on the circuit board (inside the fuse block) in that location. Your vehicle uses the regular horn for the theft alarm. I believe the special theft horn is only on some export vehicles.
That makes sense. The previous owner has some wrong fuses inserted so I thought the fuse was missing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts