Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

None of the many cigarette lighters work on my car which leads me to believe it will hopefully just be a blown fuse. This is pretty critical for me to fix as i rely on my juice sucking navigation app to get me round.

Does anyone know where the fuse is located in the car?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah and this is my first post as i got my car less than a week ago, so hey everyone and thanks for the forum knowledge. I've already learned tons from it so far already

·
Registered
1995 FWB 130.*** miles
2,295 Posts
Here is what I found online "Check underneath the steering wheel... remove the rwo screws and the plastic base comes down... then you will see the fuse box...".

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
remove the plastic piece on the underside of the drivers dashboard (black plastic thing.)
look up on the far left hand side and you will see the main fuse block. its to the right of the relay block.
check your body fuse. that should be the one thats blown. If its not, check the other interior fuses one by one.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
The driver's cigar lighter is governed by the LTR fuse. All of the other ones are powered through the BODY fuse.

·
Registered
1991 Brougham D'Elegance 5.7L V8
613 Posts
Check to make sure none of the other lighters are jammed into the sockets...that happened on my 91 when I bought it....I had no interior lights, no lighters, and I believe no horn....it was all caused because the right rear lighter was jammed and kept blowing the fuse.

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I'll finally be able to check it tonight when i get back. Does anyone know offhand what amp fuse it will take so i can grab one in advance?

Cheers

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
also, when you replace the body fuse, close all the doors. else you'll blow the fuse out immediately.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
^Disconnect the battery because you need the door open to reach the fuse box (or at least most of us do).

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was indeed a fuse thankfully, managed to change it without opening the door (because it was raining pretty nasty), although my neck is a little sore i have to admit. All the lighters work. However my brand of lighter to iphone charger doesn't appear to power up, i guess it doesn't sit deep enough. Can anyone recommend a brand of charger that they use that works?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
All chargers are universal because all cigar lighters are universal. My new cell charger wouldn't power up, so I had to push it in hard to make the connection.

1 Posts
All chargers are universal because all cigar lighters are universal. My new cell charger wouldn't power up, so I had to push it in hard to make the connection.
Dont know how to post this my first time. My problems is all my cigarette lighterzs do not work in my 84 deville. ALL my fuses are good and everything in the body works. Is it possibvle all 4 lighters need to be replaced or is there something im missing?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

This thread died a while ago and the members haven't logged in for at least 5 years, so don't expect answers from them. Someone newer will see this and offer advice.

Google something like "cadillac forums 1984 deville cigarette lighter power port" and see what turns up.

Henceforth, start your own thread in the correct forum for the vehicle that has problems. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts