Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was check out the website for a cadillac dealership here in cali called Rydell.. I saw an 08 Escalade for $36,975 I was pretty sure it was a mistake so I called the dealership to find out if they still had that Escalade ( I love my car but for an Escalade at that price, I would have traded my car in a second no way I could pass that by). The guy at the dealership told me that he would call me back because he had to check if they still had it in stock..I never heard back from the dealership..The next day the price of that escalade was $63,975..I was just wondering if I would have printed that page that showed the price of $36,975 would I have been able to get the dealership to give me the car for that price?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
They don't have to make good on a mistake or typo. You have to prove there was an intent to deceive. There was a famous case years ago where a car was offered for so many bananas. Somebody showed up with a truckload of bananas and demanded the car. It went through the court system and the buyer won. Not only did the dealer have to supply the car but he also had to dispose of the now rotten bananas.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
most likely not, i found a CTS on autotrader.com for low money and called the seller who was a dealer and they said there had been a misprint. Misprint i sold a car on autotrader before and the site asks you three times if the info you entered is correct. Still mad about that one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought they wouldn't do it but it would have been nice and they should have atleast called me back.

X

·
0 Posts
When I was shopping for my cts, I remember seeing an 03 cts for $16,000 cdn with only like 50,000km on it...
I drove 3 hours to check it out (and also called before hand), only to find out it was a "misprint" as well.
It was suppose to be $23,000.... I was pretty choked.

I swear it was a tactic to get me into their shitty dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts