Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I debadged my car a while back as I do with pretty much everything I own, and subsequently, had a few V emblems laying around. In a random state of boredom, I decided to try something similar to what they (car companies) used to do, and are now doing again, with my seats. Here are the results...let me know what you think.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.

·
Registered
Cadillac
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at all...I can't vouch for everyone, but given my seating position and my stature (5'10" 165), it hits right in the natural arch of my back between my shoulder blades where I can't feel it at all. I've also had three different passengers in it with no complaints.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
I think I like it better there than on the headrests.

·
Registered
Cadillac
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
howd you apply them?
Cleaned the old adhesive off real good, then applied new mounting tape to the back (similar to what was on there to begin with), cut that to shape, then stuck them on there. On a strength scale of 1-10, they're about a 6...fairly easy to take off if you wanted, but I've snagged my hoodie on one already, and it's been in the 90's out here lately, so if they were gonna come off with normal wear and tear, it would've happened by now.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
They look great :thumbsup: , practicality aside.

I still like my headrest Vs better, however.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The 2008 CTS has chrome V's (the classic Cadillac ones, not the performance ones) on the seatbacks. You may be slightly ahead of the curve on this.

·
Registered
Cadillac
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have redline tires, and I would NOT do this. Snagging clothes and pokes on the skin??? uh, no thanx:thehand:
I gotcha...they really are unobtrusive though. My buddy's '64 Continental has something similar, and I think those might even be metal! Nonetheless, I'm happy with the look.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
I gotcha...they really are unobtrusive though. My buddy's '64 Continental has something similar, and I think those might even be metal! Nonetheless, I'm happy with the look.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

I like the look but would rather have a sewn patch than a metal or plastic emblem there.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Not my style... IMO - a stick on to fabric is not a fashion statement...There's still an element of class that needs to be observed and upheld...

Stitchly speaking of course...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
...I've snagged my hoodie on one already, ...so if they were gonna come off with normal wear and tear, it would've happened by now....
Thats a big consideration. You need to make sure you don't...
Jacket Yo EMBZ!
:histeric:

-Chris

(Slow news day, I know)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I think its a good look.

By the way, how are my caliper decals coming?

C.J.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts