Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter ran over a nail last night and the tire is not repairable, so I'll probably get new tires. Anyone have Yokohama YK520's? My other question is will a full size 225/50-17 fit in the tub, replacing the little doughnut spare. I have 4 stock 17" wheels in my garage. Taking the one good Kuhmo and putting it on a spare wheel would make a great full size spare, but is it too high or will the cover fit on just fine?

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
My daughter ran over a nail last night and the tire is not repairable, so I'll probably get new tires. Anyone have Yokohama YK520's? My other question is will a full size 225/50-17 fit in the tub, replacing the little doughnut spare. I have 4 stock 17" wheels in my garage. Taking the one good Kuhmo and putting it on a spare wheel would make a great full size spare, but is it too high or will the cover fit on just fine?

Thanks guys and gals.
Yes a 225x50x17 should fit. Guys have fitted up to 19". The problem is as the width gets wider the lid may not fit flush.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
Measure the spare opening and compare to this:
Your chosen tire size:

Overall Diameter:25.85" 656.59 mm

Height:8.85" 225 mm

Yokohama YK520's are currently #1 on my short list

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
I tryed to put my stock 16 in in the tub and the lid wouldn't fit flush so still got the donut. How did you get it to work? It sat to tall in tub for me.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,114 Posts
Reviving a little bit of an old topic...

My other question is will a full size 225/50-17 fit in the tub, replacing the little doughnut spare.
I have a beat up CTS-V wheel to use as a spare since my summer tires aren't run-flats. I knew that tire width was going to be an issue when it came to fitting the spare into the spare tire well, so I put a cheapy 225/50-18 Eagle LS tire on the wheel (rather than the stock CTS-V size 245/45-18). Well, it turns out the diameter was still an issue, so the wheel won't sit all the way down in the well. My spare tire cover is probably 1/2 - 1" above the floor of the trunk as a result. Being 1" smaller I'd bet a 225/50-17 would fit just fine.

What size is the donut spare? I wanted to maintain a matching diameter with my spare and the regular tires (I was afraid different sizes might throw the traction control and stability control into a fit), but from the sound of it the CTS has a little spare so maybe my fears were unfounded. I'm thinking I might replace the 225/50-18 tire with a 225/45-18 or 235/40-18 to get it to fit all the way down in the well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts