1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much? 180
Sound? EXCELENT!!!

Finally today decided to spring for a louder exhaust to properly introduce the ETC to the crowd when i rev her up. I wanted something nice, clean, some-what stock looking, and LOUD. I was looking for that key rumble at idle like a Mustang GT with an X Pipe. I decided to go with Full Boar and BOY AM I SATISFIED!!! At idle it sounds extraordenary, when you floor it it revs up very nicely and as you let off and let it idle down the car gives off the bark and grumble due to the backpressure. Now on to the tips. Yes i liked the quad tips that were on the car but with the lines and the way the bumper was moulded with the cut outs i thought a pair of rectangle tips like on a 90's fbody would be great. They are 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Take a look and voice your opinions as for me im as happy as can be.

P.S. sorry for the low quality had to brighten the pic because they were taken at night and had a majorly difficult time trying to get the photos to be able to be viewed via the forum, the limited kb size and dimensions made it difficult i can email the pics to anyone who would like them

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I've been meaning to return my exhaust to stock (for now...) but my stock tips were scraped and discolored when I got the car so no way I'm putting them back on. So if you wouldn't mind emailing a pic or two of these F body tips to me (or hell if you've still got the stock tips and they're in decent condition I'd buy em.) MediumD#gmail.com

A pic of the entire rear of the car would be nice.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,540 Posts
davesdeville said:
I've been meaning to return my exhaust to stock (for now...) but my stock tips were scraped and discolored when I got the car so no way I'm putting them back on. So if you wouldn't mind emailing a pic or two of these F body tips to me (or hell if you've still got the stock tips and they're in decent condition I'd buy em.) MediumD#gmail.com

Regarding the discoloration, you can polish them with a Dremel... first use the wire attachment, then polishing compound and a felt wheel. I think they're stainless--so they can be refinished.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,540 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
How much? 180
Sound? EXCELENT!!!

Finally today decided to spring for a louder exhaust to properly introduce the ETC to the crowd when i rev her up. I wanted something nice, clean, some-what stock looking, and LOUD. I was looking for that key rumble at idle like a Mustang GT with an X Pipe. I decided to go with Full Boar and BOY AM I SATISFIED!!! At idle it sounds extraordenary, when you floor it it revs up very nicely and as you let off and let it idle down the car gives off the bark and grumble due to the backpressure. Now on to the tips. Yes i liked the quad tips that were on the car but with the lines and the way the bumper was moulded with the cut outs i thought a pair of rectangle tips like on a 90's fbody would be great. They are 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Take a look and voice your opinions as for me im as happy as can be.

P.S. sorry for the low quality had to brighten the pic because they were taken at night and had a majorly difficult time trying to get the photos to be able to be viewed via the forum, the limited kb size and dimensions made it difficult i can email the pics to anyone who would like them
What's full boar mean? brand name? sorry, naive a little here.

Is it a turbo or straight through design?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
full boar is the name of the company, as for emailin pics sure thing were do you want me to send them?

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,540 Posts
davesdeville said:

Removing the Magnaflows? (GASP) :eek:

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exactly what i was going for my dad has a 98 STS with the rectangle tip that connects the two round exaust tips however my gap in the bumper is alot larger and therefore i wanted something a lil bigger to fill the area.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
mtflight said:
Removing the Magnaflows? (GASP) :eek:
:D

My plan is to eventually run a pre-cat electric cutout with sidepipes dumping through the rocker panels under the rear windows... Stock quietness when I want it, incredible loudness when I want it, best of both worlds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts