Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure this value doesn't come for the sending unit...Does anyone know how this is calculated?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
The PCM counts the injector pulses and does the math. I believe it also adjusts for pulse width.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....So this would prove to be quite accurate. I mean if I know my tank holds 76 liters, I can start looking for a gas station at 70 liters...

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
Thanks....So this would prove to be quite accurate. I mean if I know my tank holds 76 liters, I can start looking for a gas station at 70 liters...
This is the only way I know how much fuel I have. My sending unit went whacky years ago and the pump is always within a tenth or two of a gallon when I fill up and reset.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
The Fuel Used on the DIC should be EXACTLY how much fuel you used. It's good to compare it over time to how much fuel you put in at the gas station. If you start to see consistent variances, you know you have a problem (like a leaking fuel system...mechanical leak, or injector leak, or leaking FPR, etc). The Fuel Used only measures what it THINKS it passes through the injectors. Gas passed through leaking injectors and other fuel system parts cannot be metered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts