Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Not enough information provided to know for sure. Usually it's the fuel pump elbow molded into the pump module that leaks fuel on to the tank and manifests as a stain on the bottom, in addition to the smell of fuel. Do you know for sure you have a hole in the tank, or have you noticed there is a leak and assumed there is a hole in the tank?

If it turns out there is indeed a puncture in the tank and mileage is sufficiently high (near 100k miles) you should replace the pump as preventive maintenance along with the tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont see a hole in the tank but there is gas dripping from about the tank, so now I'm just thinking it's the fuel pump

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,852 Posts
Dont see a hole in the tank but there is gas dripping from about the tank, so now I'm just thinking it's the fuel pump
Listen to Joseph on this one.
He has first hand experience.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Should be on the passenger side. Look under the car at the bottom of the tank on that side, you should see staining on the bottom of the tank from the dust and dirt that flares up before it dries and sticks to the tank. Like the 3.6L timing chains, this is an all too common problem across several GM vehicles.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,794 Posts
make sure the car insurance is paid on time.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,852 Posts
And if you have a deadbeat kid or ex-wife, toss them the keys. Win Win.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lmfao I'm good health insurance and full coverage on the car just hoping some one smokes next to it at work lmfao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts