Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fuel tank baffles or pump?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crestviewpb 
#1 ·
How do I check for bad fuel tank baffles when dropping my gas tank? I'am going to drop my tank tomorow and see if my baffles are broke before buying my fuel pump how do I check the baffles in my tank? My car runs crappy it sputters and stalls when below a half tank of gas and lately no matter how much gas is in it it runs like shit like its getting no gas,even when I'am parked on lever ground it will stall so woulden't a baffle problem only be happening when the car in moving or going into a turn?,and not when the car was standing still? If it is my baffles where can I get another fuel tank the local auto parts stores don't carry them and if I need a new fuel tank how much do they cost?

#2 ·
I got mine at Autozone. I don't reccomend a used tank because the baffels would be old and brittle. The new tank came with steel baffels instead of the factory plastic ones. You will see the baffels when you pull the pump. it is a can looking enclosure around the pump. It is designed to keep the pump from cavitating by keeping a supply of gas at the pump. You may have pieces of baffel on the pickup sock blocking the gas from getting into the pump. Here is a link also to a place that sells your tank. http://www.quantaproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GM-20B
Autozone was cheaper though due to no shipping charges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.