Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 eldorado
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
car surging or missing

I have a 1998 Cadillac that started surging on me about a month ago.. I have changed fuel filter, fuel reg., plugs and wires. All for no help. I checked codes and got a P0175. I ran a fuel pressure check, it's running 75 psi but when it surges it drops to 45 psi.. its like it misses when it dose this.. thanks for any help..
[email protected]

·
Registered
1998 eldorado
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: car surging or missing

thanks for the help.. and sorry if I did double post.. That 75 psi had me also.. but I don't know what the psi should be, Im thinking I may have a bad fuel reg. it's not really acting like a vac. leak. it don't do this until it warms up..

·
Registered
1998 eldorado
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Cadillac eld

I am new at this . but I need help..My 1998 cadillac eld. fuel pressure started jumping from 75 psi down to 45 psi. now I have put 2 pressure reg. on it already. and each one doses the same thing.. I got to this after the car started surging going down the road. I put a fuel filter on it, then plugs and wires and the fuel reg. then i checked the EGR valve, put new gasket on it. then another fuel reg. still the same thing.. the only code I got was P0175 rich. but with that fuel pressure jumping is when it seems to surge. I sure hope I can get some help on this.. thanks..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,403 Posts
Re: Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Cadillac eld

PLEASE don't start new threads for the same question - keep all this fuel pressure problem in one place. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts