Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New tsb from GM on the innaccuracy of the fuel guage when its low causing you to run out of gas.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/

Apparently there are two tanks (we knew this) and there is a physical defect in the transfer mechanism when the tank is low causing the tank to read a higher level because the two tanks did not equalize properly...

Doesn't affect everyone, but for those who have had the problem, here is the fix.

Reed

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
this cracks me up... sorry for the people this is happening to, you owould think gm solved this when it was happening to early C5's, which also have dual tanks, though on most C5's the fuel gauge would all of sudden drop to empty from 1/2 to 1/4 tank, they were being left on the side of the road.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
So let me guess this straight they are only replacing the problem with the people that 1/4 of a tank left and the car goes out due to gas? So what about the cars that reads full then all of sudden just drops 1/2 then all the way to empty?

·
Registered
135 Posts
hrmmm - I ran out of gas awhile back - my fault, I forgot to stop and get on the freeway. But I was surprised at how little was in the tank once the low fuel level warning came in the screen. Maybe 20 miles later it was out, meaning there was maybe 1.5gal in there. Is that normal? I am just more used to the warning light coming on with 2-3 gallons left in other cars, not 1.5 or so gallons. Doesn't seem like much of a warning. First time I've run out of gas since my 1963 Impala that had a barely functioning sending unit. And a very thirsty 530hp 383 sbc with 4.56 gears....

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts