Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know how to disconnect the fuel lines into the intake. it is an 03 3.2 liter. if somebody could enlighten that would be great.
thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2 5M
614 Posts

Use a tool like that from autozone. They have little tools that slide in and push out the clamps so the fuel lines can pop right off. This video is for a very different type of fuel line on a very different car but the concept is the same.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so are these lines under any sort of pressure? also, will gas run out of the them uncontrolably? I wouldnt think so because the pump is not running but this is my first time dealing with the fuel lines.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Some gas thats already sitting in the fuel line might run out. However, it won't be a constant spraying where you'll be screaming Jesus Christ and trying to hold it like a garden hose. LOL

The image just popped into my head. LOL Just make sure the car is off and is cold.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
a constant spraying where you'll be screaming Jesus Christ and trying to hold it like a garden hose. LOL
nice imagery Od lol... i'm thinking about changing my fuel filter soon just for the hell of it. i guess i could call it preventative maintenance lol..

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2 5M
614 Posts
so are these lines under any sort of pressure? also, will gas run out of the them uncontrolably? I wouldnt think so because the pump is not running but this is my first time dealing with the fuel lines.
Make sure the keys are out of the ignition so the fuel pump doesn't try to prime itself also remove the gas cap to release some of the pressure.

Some gas thats already sitting in the fuel line might run out. However, it won't be a constant spraying where you'll be screaming Jesus Christ and trying to hold it like a garden hose. LOL
I have had to do many many fuel filters at jiffy lube, at the end of some days i could wring out my uniform into a cup and fill my gas tank. lol

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
nice imagery Od lol... i'm thinking about changing my fuel filter soon just for the hell of it. i guess i could call it preventative maintenance lol..
Fuel filters on the bottom rear passenger side. I had this changed already. Its a $10 part, but I definitely suggest doing it, since mine was extra gunked up.

[edit]
by yourself with the right tools, this is a 15 minute job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts