Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have one leaking fuel injector in my 1990's 4.5 . Eventually on ebay I found this company that specializes in rebuilding fuel injectors. They come with a lifetime warranty and a flow chart with the package. However, there's a little something that bothers me about the ones I received.

I haven't installed them yet, but I remember from removing other 4.5/4.9 fuel injectors that the nozzle looks a little different on these new ones I got. I typed in the part number stamped on the injector and they come up as Bosch injectors for GM 3.8 V6 and 5.0 V8. 19#/hr like they are supposed to be. They look like they will physically fit just fine, just the tip past the bottom o-ring is a little longer. Harness will plug in just fine as well. Does anyone think I have anything to worry about. Better yet, has anyone used these injectors in their 4.X? I've read on a few accounts of people trying different injectors including Ford 4.6 and 5.0 injectors...

the new injectors are # 0280150901

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
Do they look like this?:
http://g.imageshack.us/img190/multec.jpg/1/

^This is an injector that will fit a 3.8L V6 or a Cadillac 5.0L TPI V8 and '94-'95 4.9's. I have no idea if they will fit earlier cars or not. I'd be interested to know if it does.

Or do they look like these?:

^These are 5.0L Ford Mustang injectors. I have the same injectors running in my car so I know that they fit. The blue tops pictured are 24lb/hr.

·
Registered
1996 Deville Concours
805 Posts
Keep in mind if you use injectors with a different lb/hr rating, then it will make your fuel used gauge, etc... inaccurate...and going too far off will make it a bit icky for your O2 sensor to compensate for a different amount of fuel vapor than it's expecting...but aside from that, the Ford injectors can be used. I'm not sure what ones you have, of course.

·
Registered
69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 03 Corolla | 89 Marquis(scrapped) | 72 Torino(scrapped)
2,026 Posts
Were they from "precision fuel injectors"? Those were the ones I used on my 90 4.5. They were 139.99 plus 9.99 shipping. They were the Bosch III type with the 4-hole spray(the skinnier yellow/orange ones). They work and installed just fine. The extra #/hr comes out to roughly 5% higher.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they were from Precision. Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. The little bit of extra nozzle length had me a little worried that the might not fit correctly in the intake manifold. Again, thanks a lot, I'll dive in tomorrow morning worry free.

PS, when I looked them up, they are actually spec'd 18.8#/hr, not a full 19.

·
Registered
69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 03 Corolla | 89 Marquis(scrapped) | 72 Torino(scrapped)
2,026 Posts
Yes they were from Precision. Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. The little bit of extra nozzle length had me a little worried that the might not fit correctly in the intake manifold. Again, thanks a lot, I'll dive in tomorrow morning worry free.

PS, when I looked them up, they are actually spec'd 18.8#/hr, not a full 19.
I think the rating depends on the input pressure. I heard ford and GM use different psi... dont worry about it, it'll work.

They are actually about 3/16" shorter on the rail end, so they dont seat as far into the rail as the OEMs but they clip in and seal just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got them in this morning and I've been driving it around all day, they seem just fine and cured my symptoms.

I admit I was a bit skeptical though. I got them on the fuel rail just fine, no problems. However, they didn't seem to seat the same as the originals on the intake manifold end. There wasn't a nice "thump" as the o-rings seated. However, the car runs just fine with no vacuum leaks at the injectors. So I'm not going to investigate any further.

·
Registered
79 coupe deville d'elegance (76k og), 84 coupe deville
114 Posts
someone is tryin to convince me that injectors from an 84 sedan 4.1 will NOT fit into an 84 deville 4.1. only difference is the color where the sensors plug. sounds ridiculous to me but could it be true?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Same year, same engine. Why wouldnt they work? Its a TBI isnt it?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Lookup and compare the part #'s for both cars at gmpartsdirect.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts