Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Deville
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I determined that an engine miss in my 95 Deville was caused by wore out injectors (process of elimination, changed plugs, dist. cap wires etc}
Followed a lot of good advice from this forum and figured it out
Anyway, I checked out a lot of online sellers of injectors and watch many videos. Did a lot of research because I wanted the best
Decided to purchase the Bosch type 3 injectors from Fuelinjectionconnection.com
After I received the injectors, family circumstances delayed my installation for several months
I finally got to install them. I also changed the fuel pressure regulator. The installation went very smoothly with no problems, until I powered up the fuel pump tp check for leaks.
The regulator was leaking like hell. And nothing I could do would stop the leak
After a while I realized that I had an "O" ring problem and had to loosen up the fuel rail to make the proper repairs. (now remember I am a weekend mechanic that learns mainly from my mistakes)
I damaged three injectors in the process. It was a Saturday afternoon around 4 PM. I was in agony, my wife told me not to do this job because I would only screw it up.
I looked through the information that came with the injectors. There was a note that said that if you run into any problem installing the injectors call John at the cell phone number provided. What the hell! It was worth a shot. I called him. Told him what I did. He said NO PROBLEM! Call me at my company on monday morning and we will make arrangements for you to return all eight injectors. He said that he didn't want to just send me three new injectors, he would rather that I replace all eight. I did as he instructed. I called on monday. He told me where to send the injectors I had purchased. I did, by Friday, eight injectors arrived at my home. What did it cost me? Only the postage to send the injectors back (around $5.00)
He didn't charge me a cent more. This John guy owns the company. I got to speak with him on that saturday afternoon for about ten minutes. He really seemed to be a great guy who knows a lot about cars and has a company that makes custom built products for car enthusiasts. All I know is I got a really good product. My car engines now purrs like a kitten, no sign of a miss at all. I wanted to share this story with all of my fellow Cadillac owners that frequent this forum. If you want to learn anything about fuel injectors go to John's company website at FUELINJECTIONCONNECTION.COM and watch some of his videos. If you need fuel injectors, or if you just want to learn about them, watch his videos. They are put together in such a way that he lets you decide for yourself what is best for you.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Re: Fuel Injectors read this

Thanks for the info, as I'm sure it will help many of us as time goes on!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
530 Posts
I had to have all 8 injectors replaced in my 1991. I was going to do it myself, but my mechanic said he would do it for $100, so I let him have the fun of changing them. lol.

·
Registered
1994 deville
51 Posts
hi ive used them too on my lt1 roadmaster .. used the the bosch conversion he has . was very happy with them ........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts