Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Coupe DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone-
Ive been refrencing your threads for six months so far and I must say that you guys are lifesavers!

I have an interesting electrical problem that I cant figure out. I have a 91 Coup Deville with just under 50k miles. About 6 mos ago, one of the fuel injector fuses blew. I replaced it and it ran fine until a few weeks ago. When the car is in gear, the idle speed seems to cycle and even stall at times when I am at a dead stop (in gear). The "change oil soon" light flickers, and the information in the "fuel data center" switches from DTE to MPG to Gas Used etc. Once the car warms up, these symptoms seem to dissappear. This past weekend, one of the fuel injector fuses blew again, and blows everytime I replace the fuse upon restart. The only codes that come up are the E52 because i pulled and checked all of the fuses and havent reset, and the F48 i have no freon.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated!
Thanx

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,976 Posts
Trace the injector wires back. One may be rubbing somewhere and shorting out.

·
Registered
91 Coupe DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the exposed wire on one of the fuel injector lead ins. I taped it up so that it wouldnt be exposed anymore. The fuse is still blowing when I start up. Do i need to replace the entire harness? Also, could there be a problem with the fuse box from replacing the fuse so many times?

·
Super Moderator
86,976 Posts
My guess is that there is another short somewhere or you didn't repair it properly. I doubt that there is a problem with the fuse box.

·
Registered
91 Coupe DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, it was a ground wire that was bad. One more question...Both turn signals seem a little slow. The work just fine and are bright, but they blink a few times and then seem to hesitate and make this weird noise at the same time. Probably another bad ground? Is there a ground on the engine block?

·
Super Moderator
86,976 Posts
There are grounds all over the place. You need a FSM to locate them all. Not sure if the turn signal problem is a ground problem or not, but check the plugs for corrosion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts