Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody shed some light on this? My 1994 sedan Deville is fuel gauge is flashing empty on a full tank of gas. The fuel door and trunk button on the dash don't work and the door chimes when I put on the headlights. I checked the fuses in the engine bay and found that a 10 amp fuse had blown I replaced this fuse and was good for four days but now this is problem has returned. If anyone of the good folks on this forum can offer me next steps I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well if the use blew quickly like that again you probably have an electrical issue that is causing it to pop.

A friend had a bone stock 2004 Audi A4 and: if you have the headlights on and then turn on the wipers you blow the wiper fuse immediately. I think it was like a 20amp fuse. Audi put out a TSB to change it to a 25 amp fuse. This was the proper fix. Weird shit but i bought a box of fuses and started trying different things and found out real quick what was causing the fuse to blow.

Your situation might be different because it took 4 days to blow again so you’ll need to track down what is causing it to blow.

There are some really good wiring guys around so hopefully they’ll chime in here.

I’d say start off by inspecting the harness that goes from the body into the driver side door. Check to see if the wires are damaged or compromised. You’re going to want to do that all over and try to target systems related to the issues your having.

Door chime when door closed could be broken door closed switch possible. But the issues may or may not be tied together. Wishing you luck

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Fuel level issue is probably based on the sending unit. Have you replaced the tank and fuel pump? If not, it’s a 94 and I’d probably just do it just for peace of mind. You don’t want that pump to fail on you (which it eventually will)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dchavezo, will have check the wiring harness. I needed a place to start will also look into having the fuel pump looked out. Then report back. Thanks again

·
1995 SDV
2 Posts
Can anybody shed some light on this? My 1994 sedan Deville is fuel gauge is flashing empty on a full tank of gas. The fuel door and trunk button on the dash don't work and the door chimes when I put on the headlights. I checked the fuses in the engine bay and found that a 10 amp fuse had blown I replaced this fuse and was good for four days but now this is problem has returned. If anyone of the good folks on this forum can offer me next steps I would appreciate it.
I have this exact problem did you figure it out?

What was your fix ? I :-\ ave the exact problem would really appreciate any input i already confirmed the fuel pump is fine . was are the commons for all these coponents?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,616 Posts
Once again - what car are we working on ?

No need to post duplicate questions .........

·
Registered
906 Posts
Low voltage in the system can cause this kind of reading.

The alternator and integral voltage regulator in my '97 ETC are bad at the moment, so in city traffic, voltage drops, particularly at lights. When it drops much below 12V, it makes enough difference that the fuel gauge dips, and at 3/4 a tank, the low fuel warning happens.

So, how is your voltage at the sending unit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts